Positions in this classification utilize superior customer service andcritical thinking skills to assist customers and referral sources withprocessing and obtaining home medical equipment and supplies in theretail showroom. Serves as a liaison between customers, insurancecompanies and all referral sources.
Serves all external and internal customers in a compassionate manner,answering a high volume of requests from customers, referrals andco-workers.
This listing is not to be construed as all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
Minimum Education & Experience:
- Receives telephone, fax and electronic requests from referral sources and patients to provide home medical equipment (HME), supplies and services to patients, hospitals and medical facilities.
- Responds to customer inquiries by researching documentation and insurance guidelines. Consults with insurance providers, hospitals, clinics and other medical entities.
- Utilizes the computerized data system to conduct order intake tasks including: collection of patient demographic information, verification of insurance for reimbursement and obtaining medical documentation to support medical necessities. Uses critical thinking and judgment to determine patient eligibility for equipment and services. Obtains prior authorizations as necessary from appropriate sources. Communicates coverage information to patients.
- Processes work orders to ensure for proper delivery of the product to the customer. Performs accurate and timely entry of data into the system. Ensures the customer database is accurate using multiple online resources. Makes updates to accounts as necessary.
- Conducts necessary follow-up on orders to ensure for customer and referral satisfaction. Communicates with customers, referral sources, other external entities, and internal staff. Responds to referral and customer concerns and complaints. Researches problem and provides follow-up to ensure concerns are addressed.
- Ensures that paperwork is organized, batched and routed to medical records in a timely manner.Duties Specific to Retail Showroom Operations:• Provides customer service in the home medical equipment showroom. Serves as the first point of contact with visitors and customers entering the showroom. Greets walk-in visitors and customers and directs them to the appropriate area. Demonstrates equipment for customers. Explains product options and pricing.
- Stocks the showroom. Moves and places equipment on the showroom floor and on the racks. Ensures for the organization of and proper placement of equipment and supplies in the showroom.
- Transports empty and full oxygen cylinders to and from the warehouse storage room.
- Ensures that the used equipment is segregated from the new/clean equipment.
High school diploma or equivalent with two to three years prior office experience in a capacity where the majority of time was spent working with computer systems and applications or any other combination of education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge, skills or abilities.
Prior health care experience with medical terminology is preferred. Prior sales experience preferred.
Knowledge of (or ability to develop knowledge of) federal and state regulations as relate to the provision of home medical equipment preferred.Knowledge of (or ability to develop knowledge of) Medicare and Medicaid regulations, requirements and reimbursement criteria preferred.
Knowledge of (or ability to develop knowledge of) and application of HCPC and ICD-9/10 coding preferred.
Knowledge of durable medical equipment products required.
Ability to use a computer to access and utilize multiple on-line resources through various systems.
Ability to use a computer for e-mail, data inquiry, and data entry into a computerized data system and for word processing.
Skilled in Outlook, Word, Excel and computerized data systems.
Ability to exchange, explain, demonstrate, educate and clarify information for others within established polices, procedures and standards.
Ability to interpret and research policies, procedures, regulations and standards for others.
Ability to interact in a polite and professional manner when interacting with customers, referral sources, co-workers and others.
Ability to reference and analyze data such as insurance guidelines and reimbursement criteria, HCPC and ICD-9/10 coding, provider directories, regulations and manuals.
Ability to access and evaluate data related to the determination of patient eligibility and coverage criteria.
Ability to compile, copy, record, file and retrieve data.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in quoting prices and taxes.Ability to calculate percentages and ratios in calculating co-payments.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Must maintain a valid Wisconsin driver’s license.
Must possess an acceptable driver’s record per Company policy.
Must maintain proof of current auto liability insurance.
Must have access to a car in good working condition.
Some positions in this classification perform weekend, extended hours, and float responsibilities to designated branch offices to perform duties.
This position rates as LIGHT MEDIUM WORK as defined by the Dictionary of Occupational Titles