This position is located in the Army Aviation Support Facility in San Antonio, TX. The purpose of this position is to pilot the UH60A/L in support of the AASF or AVCRAD logistical and operations missions.
As a Aircraft Pilot-UH60A/L with the Texas Army National Guard, your duties will include, but will not be limited to:
The full Position Description (PD) can be found at the following link:
- Pilots a variety of fixed wing twin engine airplanes and utility helicopters to transport passengers and cargo to and from a variety of points.
- Operates aircraft with short takeoff and landing capability, generally in good or fair weather conditions, but may include all types of weather, day and night over terrain such as forests, marshlands, mountain ranges, and open seas.
- Performs maintenance operation checks (MOCs) and limited and general test flights of aircraft to ensure airworthiness upon completion of extensive disassembly for maintenance, repair or replacement of components or aircraft systems.
- Performs general or limited test flights of aircraft when ground diagnostic tests cannot determine the safe and/or proper functioning of aircraft components or systems.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
50% or less - You will be expected to travel for this position.
- Job family (Series)
2181 Aircraft Operation
Conditions of Employment
Appointment Factor(s): This is an Excepted Service position that requires active membership in a compatible military assignment in the Texas Army National Guard and wear of the military uniform.
Areas of Consideration: Nationwide. This includes:
- All current members of the National Guard,
- All current members of the Reserves and,
- All Active Duty members eligible for immediate membership in the TXARNG.
Incentives: Acceptance of a military Federal technician position may result in termination and / or repayment of military incentives. Please check your contract and contact your servicing Education Services (Incentives) office or the Recruiting/Retention office.
- This is a Temporary Indefinite position which may be converted to Permanent at a later date without further competition.
- The Texas National Guard is an Equal Opportunity employer.
- Veterans' preference is not applicable to this position.
- Direct deposit is mandatory.
- May be required to successfully complete a probationary period.
Compatible Military Assignment (per UMR): Applicant must be Duty MOS/AOC/Branch assigned to a compatible position in accordance with statutes and National Guard Bureau regulations upon selection. If selected and not currently Duty MOS/AOC/Branch assigned, entrance on duty date will be delayed until assignment in the appropriate Duty MOS/AOC/Branch is verified.
Officer AOC/Branch: 15
Rank: 2LT-CPT and WO1-CW3
To be considered for qualification, your resume must include relevant experience with beginning and ending dates of employment/experience reflecting the following:
Specialized Experience Required
To qualify at the GS-12 grade level, your resume must include relevant experience with beginning and ending dates of employment/experience reflecting 36 months experience in piloting the UH60A/L aircraft. You must also have experience in a variety of piloting administrative tasks such as: mission tasking, intelligence reporting, applying weather information, filing of flight plans, conducting crew briefings. Additionally, must have experience in aircraft preflight inspections, aircraft loading, equipment assessments and mission manning.
Minimum Education Requirements:
Second and First Lieutenants must be actively pursuing an undergraduate degree with at least 90 validated credit hours in a specified program.
Captains and above must already have an undergraduate degree from an accredited college/university.
You must have Federal Aviation Administration certifications awarded from an accredited civilian aviation program or aviation certifications from accredited military aviation schools.
Please ensure you upload a copy of your DA1059, transcript(s) AND certificate(s). Failure to do so will result in automatic disqualification.
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application .
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the announcement has closed, your resume and supporting documentation will be used to determine if you meet the qualifications listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your resume and supporting documentation will be compared to your responses on the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If you rate yourself higher than is supported by your application package, your responses may be adjusted and/or you may be excluded from consideration for this position. If you are found to be among the top qualified candidates, you will be referred to the selecting official for employment consideration.
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
- Required Documents
To apply for this position, you must submit a complete Application Package which includes:
1. Resume which should include the following for related positions held:
- Work schedule (ex. Full-time, part-time, intermittent)
- Hours worked per week
- To and From dates (ex. MM/YYYY - MM/YYYY)
- Duties performed
3. FAA or Military Aviation Certificate(s)
- Second and First Lieutenants must be actively pursuing an undergraduate degree with at least 90 validated credit hours in a specified program.
- Captains and above must already have an undergraduate degree from an accredited college/university.
4. DA 1059 reflecting course completion on UH60A/L aircraft.
5. If applicable, please submit your most recent SF-50.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education .
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits .
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.