Box Truck Driver Apprentice
Sims-Lohman is a family-owned distributor of cabinets and fabricator of granite and quartz countertops. Our legacy of developing trusted relationships within the building industry has helped our business evolve and grow over the last 49 years. This is a fantastic time to join our team. We have consistently ranked amount the fastest growing companies in America on the Inc. 5000 list. We provide our Team Members a competitive salary and benefit package including: Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability coverages and a 401(k) plan.
There is no better time to join our exciting and fast-growing organization.
Summary: Incumbent to be managed by Delivery Driver to learn how to operate company box truck with capacity of less than 26,000 pounds, to transport, load, and unload materials to and from specified destinations within a 150 mile radius, by performing the following duties;
Essential Duties and Responsibilities to graduate Apprenticeship; include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Operates truck to various destinations. Must be able to drive a standard transmission box truck.
· Prepares receipts for load delivered.
· Maintains truck log, according to state and federal regulations.
· Maintains telephone or radio contact with supervisor to receive delivery instructions.
· Loads and unloads truck.
· Inspects truck equipment and supplies such as tires, lights, brakes, gas, oil, and water.
· Positions blocks and ties rope around items to secure cargo during transit.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
1. Customer Service - Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
2. Interpersonal Skills - Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
3. Oral Communication - Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions.
4. Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Able to read and interpret written information.
5. Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
6. Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
7. Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
8. Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
9. Initiative - Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions; Asks for and offers help when needed.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: DOT w/Medical Card, Active Driver’s License, good driving record and the ability to pass a criminal background check.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to extreme cold; extreme heat and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Up to $17.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Paid training
- Profit sharing
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Face masks required of all customers and employees.
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Required)
Work Location: One location