OSITION SUMMARY: The purpose of this position is to assist in the management and daily operation of the health center(s); assist with coordinating health center support staff; assist with implementing operational procedures; and delivery of high quality customer care and excellent customer service.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/ACCOUNTABILITIES: Primary Responsibilities:
- Promote an organizational culture that embraces the affiliate’s workplace values of respect, caring, support, effective communication, teamwork, collaboration, accountability and responsibility; and works with staff to create and maintain a workplace environment reflective of these values.
- Provide direct patient care as scheduled, in compliance with all affiliate protocols and procedures, to include educating and counseling patients in reproductive health matters, performing routine lab tests, maintaining medical records and logs, scheduling patients and responding in a professional manner to the needs of the patients.
- Practice and market a customer oriented approach to health care delivery, including the identification of trends and issues relevant to the local community and health care industry, the health center, and to affiliate in general. Participate in responding to and maximizing organizational benefits resulting from trends identification.
- Coordinate day-to-day operations, training, development, goal setting and evaluation.
- Coordinate center operations under the direction of VP of Patient Services: oversee patient and staff schedules, manage inventory, pro-actively problem-solve, oversee and troubleshoot patient flow (i.e. family planning visit length of one hour or less; appointment show rate of 70% or higher), comply with organizational quality assurance guidelines and pertinent government regulations including OSHA and CLIA.
- Maintain physical premises.
- Meet all customer service standards and ensure Health Center staff is meeting standards as well.
- Assist with patient volume, achieving medical visit goal.
- Attain annual health center fiscal goals in revenue, expenses, and contribution margin. Maintain 100% accuracy in the execution and recording of financial transactions.
- Assure health center tasks and responsibilities are completed by assigned dates and time to comply with QRM policies.
- Demonstrate proficiency in all medical support staff job responsibilities. Provide direct care as scheduled.
- Explain all FDA approved birth control methods and provide specific instruction on the client’s selected birth control method.
- Inform clients and callers in a non-directive manner (meaning without guidance, suggestion or directing) about all options available to them in the event of an unintended pregnancy and make a referral for service based on the client’s/caller’s decision.
- Refer callers seeking information about abortion to the call center or surgical center.
- Describe the difference between medication and surgical abortion in a non-directive manner.
- Responsible operationally for the family planning activities including proactively responding to problems, complaints, or issues which arise in the course of business.
- Coordinate the efficient functioning of daily family planning operations including clinic flow, patient scheduling, provision of care, achievement of goals and statistical compilation.
- Participate in the compliance with all affiliate quality assurance standards and guidelines.
- Assist in the clerical and informational tasks related to proper follow-up of patients according to the protocols and procedures.
- Process records, logs and be accountable for money as directed and assigned by VP Patient Services.
- Coordinate inventory maintenance and ordering of lab supplies.
- Take personal responsibility to remain informed about family planning methods, services offered by affiliate, and affiliate protocols, policies and procedures, to give regular feedback to the VP Patient Services regarding training and continuing education needs.
- In conjunction with the VP of Patient Services, identify trends and issues relevant to the community, the health center, and to service area in general, actively participating in responding to and maximizing organizational benefits of same.
- Complete HIPAA and OSHA training before training in the health center.
- Complete required training – Orientation Checklist, Talking About Abortion, Dos & Don’ts of Documentation, Managing Suspicious Encounters, Mandatory Reporting, Observation Tool, in addition to other trainings deemed necessary
- Support PPSENFL in holding coworkers accountable and taking ownership of assigned tasks and work in the health center.
- Follow PPSENFL policy on disciplinary actions to assure accountability and ownership.
- Other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND REQUIREMENTS FOR HEALTH CENTER COORDINATORS WHO PERFORM THE SPECIALIZED SERVICES OF ULTRASOUND:
- Must meet requirements outlined in PPSENFL Medical Standards and Guidelines for ultrasound in abortion services.
- Must successfully complete “Ultrasound in Abortion Care” training available on the extranet.
- Must be granted clinical privileges by PPSENFL Medical Director or Associate Medical Director.
- Must follow PPSENFL protocols in providing this service.
- The list of essential functions, as outlined herein, is intended to be representative of the talks performed within this classification. It is not necessarily descriptive of any one position in the class. The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assignment duties not listed herein if such functions are a logical assignment to the position.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Bachelor’s level Degree from an accredited college or university and/or comparable training and job experience required. Previous health care office management and/or exquisite customer service experience required. Previous management and supervision experience preferred, must have demonstrated the ability to lead, manage, and develop staff effectively. Must have a strong understanding of and personal commitment to reproductive rights and the goals and responsibilities of Planned Parenthood. Excellent organizational, communication and sound decision making skills. Must have a commitment to efficient and quality healthcare. Must be comfortable when discussing sexuality, contraception, sexually transmitted diseases and pregnancy options. Must be willing and able to work evening and weekend hours, and to work at other health centers if needed. Ability to recognize and function appropriately in sensitive situations. Previous experience working with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook is required.
Job Type: Full-time
- Medical Assisting: 1 year
- Healthcare: 1 year