The Cook I will accurately and efficiently prepare, portion, cook, and present a variety of hot and/or cold food items for various meal periods: to include Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, and Special/Catered Events. The general responsibilities of the position include those listed below, but Sodexo may identify other responsibilities of the position. These responsibilities may differ among accounts, depending on business necessities and client requirements. We have full and part time positions available. Full time positions do offer health insurance
- Prepares and cooks to order foods that may require short preparation time.
- Prepares food in accordance with current applicable federal, state and corporate standards, guidelines and regulations to ensure high-quality food service is provided.
- Reads food order or receives verbal instructions on food required by patron, and prepares and cooks food according to instructions.
- Provides the highest quality of service to customers at all times.
- Follows basic recipes and/or product directions for preparing, seasoning, cooking, tasting,
- Prepares foods under direct supervision or instruction by operating a variety of kitchen
- equipment to measure and mix ingredients, washing, peeling, cutting and shredding fruits and vegetables, and trimming and cutting meat, poultry or fish for culinary use.
- May clean and sanitize work stations and equipment and must follow all Sodexo, client and regulatory rules and procedures..
- Complies with all Sodexo HACCP policies and procedures.
- •Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- Complies with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures.
- Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and hazard assessments.
- Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as designated.
- May receive inventory, move and lift foodstuffs and supplies and prepare meals for customers requiring special diets.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $12.50 - $15.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- Quick service & fast food restaurant
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Lynchburg, VA 24514: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Cooking: 1 year (Preferred)
- Day Shift (Preferred)
- Night Shift (Preferred)
Work Location: In person