The Director of Total Quality Management (TQM) is an executive staff role responsible for the development, recommendation, resources and implementation of TQM at ATI Cast Products. This responsibility includes leadership of Quality Assurance, Customer / Supplier Quality and Quality Control and Inspection functions. This leadership role will coordinate with other parts of the business to implement a Total Quality Management system with an integrated focus on the customers, employees, process, systems, data measurement and continuous improvement.
- Lead a Zero Injury Culture throughout the Quality department.
- Develop strategies and plans to deliver on the company's vision, commitment and values.
- Implement and drive a culture of continuous improvement in the quality organization and throughout the business operations.
- As a member of the executive leadership team, participate in the development of the annual, 5-year and 10-year strategic plans.
- Provide leadership and guidance to the quality organization to ensure the annual business plan objectives are achieved.
- Along with leadership in customer quality, Quality Management System compliance and internal process control, execute the annual business plan .
- Identify and recommend staffing and resource requirements to achieve strategic plans.
- Develop the path to achieve integrated business management in accordance with AS9100 and ISO 45001 standards.
- Develop processes supporting the effective reduction of shop floor deviation and waste, specifically, implementing a Right First Time (RFT) program for key milestone operations.
- Ensure new and existing production parts are completely and correctly defined, that processes are documented clearly, and that all customer and industry requirements are known and followed.
- Lead in the development of training standards for quality processes and procedures.
- Manage the tracking of key performance indicators to support business plan objectives.
- Manage Supplier quality and maintain approved supplier lists.
- Manage and lead internal and external audit program, ensuring that all processes meet established standards.
Education, Certifications and Experience:
- Four year degree in business, technical, engineering or material science field.
- Certified Manager of Quality /Organizational Excellence a plus.
- Experienced TQM integrator a plus.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in either quality compliance, customer quality, or process engineering disciplines within the investment castings industry.
- Minimum of 5 years in progressive leadership role(s).
- Minimum 5 years Aerospace related industry experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities typically required to perform the essential functions of this job:
- TQM and/or principles of Quality systems.
- Customers, specifications and industry standards related to aerospace castings.
- Latest AS9100 and ISO 9000 / 45000 standards (demonstrated and working).
- Part / component quality control processes.
- X-Ray, CMM and other NDT processes and equipment (in-depth).
- Inspection methods for Aerospace components (demonstrated).
- Problem-solving using Lean and Six Sigma techniques.
- Research and reporting of manufacturing methods.
- Strong operational and project management.
- Managing cost through waste elimination and process simplification.
- Continuous Improvement practices and tools.
- Deal with complexity and ambiguity.
- Develop and enforce standards.
- Manage multiple initiatives and/or projects simultaneously.
- Lead change in people and processes.
- Demonstrated capability in developing executive level presentations.
Job Type: Full-time
- Quality Management or Process Engineering: 10 years (Required)
- Aerospace industry: 5 years (Required)
- progressive leadership: 5 years (Required)