The selected candidate will assist in developing and managing Student Life activity programming designed to promote student growth and leadership development. In addition, the position will include retention outreach, student leader mentoring and assistance with student clubs. The position requires a varied schedule with some nights and weekends required, based on the calendar of student events. This is a part time, 25 hour per week position that reports to the Director of Student Life.
OVERALL PURPOSE AND RESPONSIBILITY
The most important overall responsibility of all RCBC employees is to provide service in a pleasant, helpful, and effective manner to our students, other members of the college and the public.
Accepts responsibility for the timely preparation of student outcomes and assessment initiatives for faculty via planning, collecting data, and reporting dates as it relates to the execution of division, student success, educational, and developmental program outcomes. Actively participates in setting annual division goals and objectives, completing OIR reporting forms, collecting data, analyzing data, and preparing a report using guidelines established by OIR
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in the planning, organizing, coordination and supervision of the college's educational, recreational, social and cultural student activities programs.
- Attend and supervise student-sponsored activities at RCBC and off-campus locations. Provide logistical support for activities.
- Participate in the development of marketing strategies to promote campus activities and services to maximize student involvement.
- Assist with the outreach to retention cohorts with student life
- Serve as co-advisor to the Student Life Activities Team.
- Assist with the planning and organization of the commencement ceremony.
- Serve on college committees as assigned.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Associate's Degree or equivalent yeas of related experience.
Bachelors Degree in a related field.
At least one year of demonstrated leadership in event planning, student services, higher education, or a related field.