Bright Beginnings is accepting applications for a full-time Communications & Outreach Coordinator.
Bright Beginnings provides services that promote the health and development of infants and toddlers so that children start school healthy and ready to learn. Services are designed with the family’s priorities and goals in mind and occur in the home or other community setting. Bright Beginnings supports families through home visiting, early intervention, and connections to community resources.
The Ohio Department of Health and Ohio Department of Developmental Disabilities have jointly selected Bright Beginnings as the new statewide Help Me Grow Central Intake and Referral System vendor beginning July 1, 2018. The Help Me Grow Central Intake and Referral system serves as a single point of entry for access, assessment, and referral of families to appropriate home visiting services and the Early Intervention program.
The role of the Communications & Outreach Coordinator in the statewide Help Me Grow Central Intake and Referral System involves:
- Developing and executing a statewide community engagement/outreach plan. Maintaining records of regional and statewide outreach activities and preparing reports as needed, including the agency’s annual report.
- Creating promotional materials and informational resources for internal and external purposes, including fliers, newsletters, website and social media content.
- Supervising regional outreach specialists and providing training and support to outreach staff.
- Conducting presentations to target audiences including physicians, medical professionals, legislators, parents, and community partners to spread awareness, generate referrals, and cultivate relationships.
- Organizing and leading monthly calls on outreach strategies for specific referral source systems.
Only candidates who meet the following minimum qualifications should apply:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Minimum of two years of public relations, marketing, and/or branding work experience.
- Intermediate skill level in Microsoft Office applications, email applications, social media platforms, and internet usage.
- Valid Ohio Driver’s License and appropriate insurance coverage.
This position will be filled upon funding availability.