Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
The Systematics Core Banking Solution offers end-to-end solutions for architecture, customer information (Relationship Manager), deposits (IMPACS & Savings Time), lending (Advanced Lending Solution Servicing Manager), and financial and management reporting.
What you will be doing
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
What you bring:
- Defines, maintains and enhances practice offering to support business objectives, strategic development roadmap and client business needs.
- Designs, enhances and implements practice offering to support specific client requirements and address market opportunities.
- Consults with sales, account management and client on the appropriate practice offering to meet specific client requirements and strategic business needs.
- Consults with clients on the most strategic technology projects within a practice area.
- Serves as pre-sales support specialist as needed with sales and account management to create and close sales opportunities. May include developing proposals/statements of work, negotiating pricing, planning engagement projects and delivering prospect presentations.
- Collaborates with internal stakeholders, e.g., product management, development, sales, and senior management to define and support assigned practice area.
- Nurtures relationships, defines consulting engagements to support relationship needs and sells the initiative.
- Maintains quality client relationships with both internal and external clients to gain referrals for new clients and achieve excellent client satisfaction and client loyalty.
- Identifies business process improvements for increased efficiency and enhanced client experience.
- Ensures practice provides industry thought leadership.
- Mentors and develops resources to grow practice knowledge among services organization.
- Researches and resolves critical issues related to practice in a timely and professional manner.
- Provides technical and business domain expertise.
- Works directly with clients and may travel to client sites.
Bachelor’s degree in business administration, management or related discipline or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Excellent organization, team-building, coaching and mentoring, project management and time management skills
- In-depth knowledge and expertise of the assigned practice area and related business
- In-depth knowledge of financial services industry and related practice specialty
- Strong financial management and planning skills
- Requires long-term vision and executive presence
- Strong analytical, statistical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to utilize judgment in decision-making processes and decisions related to job tasks
- Requires excellent skills in communicating ideas both verbally and in written form in a clear, concise and professional manner including presentations
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management in an organized, professional manner
- Proven success in building relationships
- Ability to persuade and influence others on the best approach to take
- Willing to travel 30% to 50% or as needed.
Requires the following experience or equivalent combination of education and experience as a minimum to enter any level of Practice Consultant job:
Added bonus if you have:
- Recognized by peer group as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) on the practice specialty
- Must have led or participated in the definition and implementation of service offerings for multiple projects
Must have Systematics ALS experience
What we offer you
A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
A broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities – FIS is your final career step!
A competitive salary and benefits
A variety of career development tools, resources and opportunities
With a 50-year history rooted in the financial services industry, FIS™ is the world's largest global provider dedicated to financial technology solutions. We champion clients from banking to capital markets, retail to corporate and everything touched by financial services. Headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida, our 53,000 worldwide employees help serve more than 20,000 clients in over 130 countries. Our technology powers billions of transactions annually that move over $9 trillion around the globe. FIS is a Fortune 500 company and is a member of Standard & Poor’s 500® Index.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the FIS Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf and here:www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
As part of the selection process this role may require an assessment to determine suitability
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.