As a Tanium User Experience Designer, you will be tasked with designing best-of-breed products as part of a small and highly agile design and development team. Tanium focuses on a strong customer engagement model and feedback process to ensure our products are designed the right way from the beginning. When new products ideas are identified, user experience designers are responsible for iterating and designing the products from the ground up, while continuously iterating with product management, engineering and customers for feedback and input.
We are looking for an experienced User Experience Designer with a proven record of delivering elegant solutions which address our customers' most challenging business problems and opportunities. The best candidate will have several years of experience collaborating effectively with Product Management and Engineering in agile and lean delivery methodologies.
Will consider remote locations for the right candidate.
What you'll do:
We're looking for someone with:
- Work with other UX designers, engineers and product managers to understand user's needs and behaviors
- Define the user model, interactions and user interface for new and existing Tanium products and features
- Develop high level and/or detailed storyboards, mockups and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Work closely with product development and engineering teams from initial idea to full delivery of product or features
- Bachelor's Degree in User Experience Design, Human Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Experimental Psychology, Cognitive Science or related discipline, or equivalent experience required
- Experience solving complex design problems for Web interactions or software solutions required
- Demonstrated ability to create low and high fidelity mockups and/or prototypes required
- Expert in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator or related applications like Sketch or Omnigraffle required
- At least 5 years experience solving complex user experience problems preferred
- Experienced in user research, persona creation or similar things preferred
- Ability to generate basic HTML and CSS preferred
- Experience in enterprise software preferred
- Understanding of basic web software required
- Expert understanding of design principles and their application preferred
- Written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to articulate alternative approaches required
- Portfolio and work samples including user-centered design skills preferred
At Tanium, we empower the world's largest organizations to manage and protect their mission-critical networks. There's a reason why 6 of the top 10 retailers, 12 of the top 15 US banks, and 4 of the US Armed Forces use Tanium. We provide lightning-fast capabilities at their fingertips to see everything and do anything across their computer networks – with unparalleled scale.
We pride ourselves on being unstoppable in the pursuit of our mission. We are diverse problem solvers driven to do the right thing and win as a team. Join our team at tanium.com/careers/ ( https://tanium.com/careers/ ).