MicroFocus Enterprise Management Tools (formerly HP BSM)
Summit Technologies, Inc. has a full-time position for a MicroFocus Enterprise Management Tools (formerly HP BSM) Engineer to perform Enterprise Management Tools Engineering and Administration of the tools used to monitor and manage our enterprise networks. The successful candidate will provide support for the Enterprise Management System team in the design, development, implementation, and maintenances of this toolset. You must be a US Citizen or a permanent US resident, as this is a government position requiring a public trust clearance. This position is located on-site in Washington, DC.
- Responsible for full integration of MicroFocus toolsets into customers environment.
- Provide subject matter expertise in areas of architecture, planning, implementation, installing, configuration, assessments and upgrading MicroFocus solutions.
- Lead technical engagement and deliver value to the client by implementing KPIs, application dashboards, and custom reporting.
- Perform administration of the tools used to monitor and manage enterprise networks.
- Develop maintenance procedures, manage operations, implement task automation and oversee monitoring of MicroFocus platform.
- Perform assessment of existing environment and provide a recommendation for improvement to program management office.
Education and Certification:
- Minimum of 5 years of Enterprise Management Experience in monitoring and supporting large-scale computer systems in a Data Center Environment.
- Specific domain knowledge on various MicroFocus solution components (e.g. Network Node Manager (NNM) Operations Manager (OM), Operations Manager I (OMi) Operations Agent (OA), SiteScope (SIS), Reporter, Network Automation (NA) and Cloud Optimizer (CO), and InMon Traffic Sentinel) required.
- Experience in designing, planning and implementing MicroFocus solution integrations with external event/data sources.
- Experience in developing maintenance procedures, managing operations, implementing task automation and general self-monitoring of BSM platform.
- Possess overall domain knowledge about IT infrastructure, system management, middleware, DBs, application and IT service management
- Experience in administering and developing MicroFocus/HP enterprise monitoring tools is required.
- Integration experience with ServiceNow highly desired.
- Experience in administering COTS monitoring tools.
- Experience in requirements analysis or business analysis skills helpful
- Experience in ITIL methodology a plus.
- Possess excellent oral, written and customer service skills required.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience.
- Certification in any of the following tools a plus: MicroFocus Network Node Manager (NNM), Operations Manager (OM), Operations Agent (OA), SiteScope (SIS), Reporter, Network Automation (NA) and Cloud Optimizer (CO), InMon Traffic Sentinel.
- All candidates for consideration must be eligible to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
If you are a good match and interested in more information, please apply or forward the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org and place "5367" in the email subject line.
- Updated resume in Word format including MM/YYYY for each employer
- Best ways (email address and phone numbers) and times to reach you
- Desired compensation (salary or hourly-no benefits)
- Availability to interview and start.
Summit Technologies Inc. appreciates your interest. We will contact the best matching prospects and will consider you for future opportunities. We will not submit your resume without your prior knowledge and consent. Summit Technologies is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.