Sodexo has an exciting job opportunity for an experienced Commercial Site Controller. The role will report to and support the Finance Director of the Account to provide full financial oversight over the site accounting and finance responsibilities supporting a major Integrated Facilities Management (IFM) account.
Working as a true Financial Analyst this role will provide commercial oversight over the cost of delivery of services in accordance with the financial terms of the contract; leverage insight and understanding of Work Order life cycle to manage cost of work orders in alignment with site budgets as services are delivered; close partnership with operations and developing / implementing a Procure to Pay process will be required. At the same time, understanding the contract and building a relationship with the client to quickly support financial issues (e.g. overdue debt follow-up, change control, etc) will be essential.
The commercial aspects of the contract are challenging with a rigorous savings plan, but with opportunities for significant growth and expansion of service scope (e.g. Projects). The Commercial Controller is specifically responsible for driving cost management and controls in the operational performance of the contract at the various sites alongside the account Finance Director and ensuring risk mitigation plans are in place.
The position will office in Parisppany NJ. Up to 20% percent travel expected
Manages all accounting and financial matters for either a large multi-size national account OR a large complex single location account
- Data Collection from field - data review, analysis and suggestion of process improvement, review of FSC spot audits, accounts receivable review, review of new business,
- Oversight and direction of annual budgeting process & oversight and direction of period close process for all sites for Sodexo and Client, creation and maintenance of area forecasts, oversight of Project Clear compliance for portfolio.
- Financial Training and development of Sodexo General Managers.
- Creation, delivery & presentation of client specific financial reports as needed
- Oversight, training and support of POS systems and other cashless technology
- Train other controllers, analysts and field in contract interpretation, accounting procedures, system applications, and other areas
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Functional Experience - 3 years of experience in finance, accounting or related field
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.