HonorHealth is a non-profit, local healthcare organization known for community service and outstanding medical quality. HonorHealth encompasses five acute care hospitals with approximately 11,500 employees and 4,500 volunteers, over 70 primary and specialty care practices, clinical research, medical education, an inpatient rehabilitation hospital, an Accountable Care Organization, two foundations, and extensive community services.
HonorHealth is a leader in medical innovation, talent and technology with a genuine commitment to your growth. The health system's vibrant careers take place in an environment filled with opportunity and respect because we see the HONOR in you.
PLEASE NOTE: Initial training period will be located a near the 101 and i17 highway interchange in NW Phoenix. Position will be permanently located in Gilbert near 202 and Val Vista.
High School Diploma or GED Required
1 year in healthcare related field and knowledge of medical terminology, or experience in scheduling and/or registration in a healthcare setting. Required
Acts as first point of contact to all customers. Organizes and facilitates clerical administrative duties of department. Performs a variety of cross-functional clerical and patient support duties to include telephone, registration, scheduling clerical administrative duties and/or data entry duties as they relate to department. Responsible for patient chart maintenance and communication with physicians' offices as needed and requested. Duties listed below may vary depending on departmental needs or in some department areas may not be applicable at all.
- Contacts/greets and communicates with customers. Responsible for answering telephone calls, retrieving and responding to voice mail messages. Directs all information to appropriate individual. Orients patients to the department with directions and instructions.
May also be performing the following imaging support duties:
Receives and transfers incoming calls,
Generates reports and retrieves images from the PACS system,
Assists in maintaining efficient patient workflow,
Maintains radiology records and ensure dissemination of such files to designated/requesting parties,
Ensures patients are appropriately prepared for their exam,
Transports patients when necessary,
Will assist Supervisor and Technologists within scope of position as directed,
Assists radiologist as directed.
- Scheduling: Performs a variety of scheduling for procedures. Is not limited to: scheduling patients for initial and follow-up appointments. Tracks no-shows, documents in appropriate system and communicates with physician, if applicable. Provides schedule in directed format to staff as needed.
- Registration: Performs a variety of registration duties, is not limited to: providing patient with the initial registration information, creates and/or chooses appropriate electronic record, gathers signature (electronic or otherwise), medical authorization/referral coordination and / or financial responsibility. Completes daily data entry and scanning of patient registration information.
- Obtains authorization from insurance companies as applicable. Collects co-pays and payments required for procedures. Completes and submits daily deposits and or billing as applicable.
- In accordance with HIPPA, completes patient chart process and maintains with appropriate information. Communicates with applicable insurance carriers and hospital billing for authorization updates. Ensure that appropriate chart information is forwarded to medical records as applicable.
- Complete patient chart process and maintains with appropriate information. Communicates with Workman’s Compensation and hospital billing for authorization updates and billing. Ensure that appropriate chart information is forwarded to medical records as applicable.
- Views email on a daily basis and provides supervisor with appropriate information and memorandums.
- Maintain inventory of office supplies/forms and places orders as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.