Onica, an Amazon Web Services Premier Partner and leader in Cloud Consulting and Delivery Services, is rapidly expanding. The Professional Services team is looking for a driven Engagement Manager with a strong background in consulting and an interest in cloud computing to manage projects and guide clients in their adoption and wider engagement of AWS Cloud Solutions.
The Professional Services team delivers a wide range of projects for both clients and business partners. The Engagement Manager will build and maintain a solid working relationship with coworkers and clients, from pre-sales efforts to project delivery. The Engagement Manager will motivate engineering teams and customers’ technology executives, acting as Scrum Master and the central point of contact for all parties to orchestrate technical delivery. The ability to manage customer expectations and establish long-term partnerships by delivering complex projects effectively, on time, on budget, and according to agreed-upon scope, is critical to the Engagement Manager’s role.
- Hands-on project management, including initiation, planning, and execution of projects and account-related activities, facilitating resolution of issues and roadblocks
- Drive key decisions across projects, manage customer expectations, present and interface with project sponsors, and communicate trade-offs and risks
- Effectively leverage Agile principles, coaching and training technical project and customer team members on best practices
- Continue maintaining relationships with customer contacts in collaboration with sales, during and beyond project delivery
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business, or related discipline, or equivalent professional experience
- At least 3 years of experience in the technology industry, managing projects through a full lifecycle, ideally within a service delivery / consultancy environment
- At least 3 years of hands-on Agile experience, acting as Scrum Master
- Extensive knowledge of project management disciplines, methodologies, best practices, and tools
- Strong communication skills; experience presenting to executives
- Ability to travel up to 25%, as needed
- Customer-facing consulting experience or experience delivering technology services projects
- Familiarity with cloud technologies, software development, networking infrastructure, data, and/or security
- Technical background (software development/engineering, database/system design, IaaS)
- Self-starter with results oriented, proactive management approach
- Ability to learn on the job quickly and desire to develop expertise in AWS
- Ability to work in a fast-paced consulting environment and collaborate effectively as a team member
What’s in It for You?
- Tremendous Room for Growth, Leadership Opportunity, & professional development
- Receive an annual training budget to be used for professional development and training
- Unlimited paid vacation, paid medical benefits, 401k options, and more!
- Work with extremely talented team members that actually love what they do!!!