The Account Executive will primarily be responsible for orchestrating the sales process from lead identification, prospect new business, maintain and grow existing client accounts and ensure sales strategies meet revenue objectives while promoting BioTelemetry products and services. He/she will build and forge strong relationships throughout their respective geographic responsibility and represent BioTelemetry Services professionally in all client and prospect interactions.
The AE will also develop and implement agreed upon sales strategies which will focus on meeting both personal and business goals of expanding customer base and growing revenue, including achieving assigned revenue targets in their territory. The AE will serve as the primary contact with all accounts in defined territory and provide updates and sales reports to the Regional Sales Director (RSD) regarding territory status, including forecasts, sales proposals and business reviews. The AE will demonstrate leadership within their peer group and lead by example to Sales Associates.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and implement a territory business plan with clearly defined strategies and objectives
- Drive sales revenue and overall market share inside the territory as well as nurturing existing accounts
- Develop relationships with Surgeons, Physicians, Nurses, Technicians, Materials Management and other hospital administration in exploring and securing new business opportunities
- Arrange appointments, equipment demonstrations and eventual sales meetings of BioTelemetry products
- Communicate the company’s competitive differentiation and value proposition to enhance sales and convert competitive accounts
- Transport equipment / devices to potential customer facilities and conduct thorough demonstrations of BioTelemetry products and services in accordance with established techniques and user needs
- Develop and maintain current information regarding market conditions, sales potentials and competition activity within assigned territory. Keep Regional Sales Director informed of all related details
- Develop potential sales leads by conducting research, maintaining key industry contacts and attending trade shows and meetings
- Provide weekly and / or monthly sales reports to the Regional Sales Director as directed in accordance with company standards and in a timely and consistent manner
- Maintain compliance in staying within company budget guidelines with business expenses
- Conduct periodic follow-ups with existing customers to ensure BioTelemetry products are performing to their satisfaction and identify opportunities to and opportunities to grow and maintain relationship
- Analyze weekly sales reports around activities conducted, pipeline opportunities, new business secured and ongoing relationships confirmed and report as required to the Regional Sales Director
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing or health related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ten (10) or more years’ sales experience reflecting a track record of proven success within the Medical Device and / or Biotechnology arena
- Demonstrated track record of consistently meeting or exceeding an annual quota of more than $1M
- Advanced selling capability that showcases commitment to sales and company strategy, customer satisfaction, negotiation and ability to close
- Significant experience in negotiating and closing new business and / or budgeting
- Excellent strategic selling skills (strategy development and execution)
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to develop and maintain productive, cooperative, and interdependent working and business relationships
- Outstanding problem-solving skills and technical aptitude with Microsoft programs (PowerPoint, Excel)
- Well versed on concepts, practices and procedures related to field sales
- Exemplary presentation skills with the ability to present in front of large and small groups of people
Ability to travel 75% via car or plane across assigned territory and sales meeting as required
Must have a valid driver’s license with no prior suspensions or revocations
Ability to life, carry and / or transport up to 50 pounds of medical device products
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
BioTelemetry Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.