The examples of functions listed in this job description are representative, but not necessarily exhaustive, of any one position in this job classification. Management may assign other functions not listed herein at its sole discretion.
Performs landscape installation functions (e.g., irrigation, drainage, horticulture); uses hand tools (e.g., pick, shovel), complex tools (e.g., wire tracker/transit), and construction equipment (e.g., back hoes, trenchers) properly; leads safety meetings; leads the work activities of a full crew; makes order requests on Material Requisition Form; reads elevations and programs controllers; knows Dig Alert procedures; demonstrates strong horticulture knowledge; installs low voltage wiring; schedules equipment; interprets all aspects of landscape plans and specifications; maintains daily log (e.g., app time, as-builts, truck repairs); meets vendors and subcontractors; thinks ahead and completes tasks efficiently within budget, production rates, and timelines; demonstrates full knowledge of multiple trades and construction; plants and waters vegetation; applies fertilizer and planting tablets; role models PPE usage; ensures job site is safe; completes administrative duties (e.g., crew time cards, signs for all deliveries, equipment inventory, punch lists) on time; reads blue prints; installs irrigation systems; documents and verifies safety and/or job issues; completes assignments within labor goals and specifications without sacrificing job quality; drives Company vehicles; provides excellent service (e.g., accurate, complete, and timely) to clients, work-site partners, and Company staff in a courteous and efficient manner.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND COMPETENCIES
Safe work practices involving equipment, chemicals, and tools; landscape installation procedures; proper watering techniques and plant care; basic mathematics; common names of plants on assigned jobs; soil preparation and conditioning; administrative procedures (e.g., time cards, ordering, deliveries, equipment inventory, material requisitions, truck reports, tailgate training sessions, punch lists); read blueprints and specifications; irrigation fundamentals (e.g., valves, pipe, solenoid); basic coaching (e.g., direction, follow-up, training); job sequencing (e.g., job efficiency); job quality standards; routine maintenance procedures (e.g., cleaning, weeding, planting, irrigation, and watering); PPE; Dig Alert; landscape plans, elevations, and low voltage wiring; equipment scheduling; soils reports; and customer service objectives, norms, and strategies.
Use hand tools (e.g., shovel, rake), equipment (e.g., back hoes, trenchers), and fertilizer properly and safely; communicate and work effectively with others; time management; use all PPE as required; plant various types of vegetation (e.g., trees, shrubs, and ground cover) properly; work independently; lead a single work crew; read blueprints, landscape plans, specifications, and elevations; perform landscape, irrigation, and drainage tasks; remain organized; follow directions; install low voltage wiring; schedule equipment; demonstrate time management; apply Dig Alert procedures; complete administrative forms (e.g., time cards, equipment inventory, order requests); project management; and provide excellent customer service by ensuring clients’ needs are fulfilled in an accurate, complete, and timely fashion by demonstrating courtesy, efficiency, and professionalism.
- Safety: Operates and maintains tools and equipment to ensure safety; leads safety tailgate meetings; wears proper PPE; demonstrates proper lifting procedures; performs all safety inspections; ensures compliance with all safety policies/reporting procedures; completes tailgate forms.
- Results Oriented: Maintains focus on outcomes; is proactive and goal oriented; concentrates on meeting objectives (e.g., job cost, production rates, gross profit); holds performance as more important than process; sets specific, measurable goals and takes efficient action to accomplish success.
- Field Operations Management: Manages all materials at the job site (e.g., preparation, planting, clean-up); handles chemicals (e.g., fertilizer, containers, SDS) properly; monitors irrigation controllers; completes appropriate paperwork (e.g., time cards, material requests).
- Construction: Demonstrates full knowledge of multiple trades including installation, irrigation, hardscape, and low-voltage lighting; reads elevations, blueprints, specifications, and plans accurately; oversees erosion control.
- Job Quality: Understands the relationship between job quality and customer service, satisfaction, and retention; ensures landscape and horticulture quality standards are met for every job.
- Customer Service: Consistently exceeds customer expectations; keeps customers well-informed, listens to them attentively, and addresses their concerns; enacts a personal approach to customer service.
- Interpersonal Skills: Treats others with respect, collaboration, and support in such a way that work relationships are improved and morale is increased; has effective communication skills.
An example of the preferred education, training, and/or experience that demonstrates possession of the knowledge, skills, and competencies for this position includes: at least four (4) years of professional landscape and construction management experience similar to that described above.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL CHARACTERISTICS
The physical characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the functions required by this job classification. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable an individual with qualified disabilities to perform the functions of this job classification, on a case-by-case basis.
Frequently stand, walk, or crouch on narrow and/or slippery surfaces; stoop, kneel, bend to pick up or move objects; walk for long distances and on sloped ground and uneven surfaces; move, lift, and carry objects weighing up to 50 pounds; normal manual dexterity and hand-eye coordination; corrected hearing and vision to normal range.
SPECIAL NOTES, LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS
Incumbents must sign the Confidentiality, Non-disclosure, and Non-solicitation Agreement prior to their first day on the job.
Competitive Wages (based on experience)
- Paid Time Off available after 90 days
- Paid Vacation (1 week) after 1 year of employment
- Benefits available after 90 days (Health, Vision, Dental, AFLAC)
- Life Insurance paid for by ASI Landscape Management for every team member