Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
Hubbell Power Systems (HPS) engages in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of products used by utilities. Today, HPS is deeply engaged in product solutions for OSP Communication utility purposes, and has been actively growing that segment of the business. HPS roots have historically been in high voltage transmission, distribution, substation, underground products used by electric utilities. HPS products are also used in the civil construction, transportation, gas and water industries.
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
546 English Rd.
Rocky Mount, NC 27804
Inspects materials and products for conformance to specifications.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Knowledge of PenCell parts and processes.
- Visually inspects products in Assembly for structural and surface defects.
- Ability to identify different part types and optional equipment.
- Spot checks finished product to standard specifications.
- Ability to understand how processing problems can affect part quality.
- Compare product with print, parts list, or production order and verify correct product.
- Able to complete the applicable documentation for in-process inspections.
- Compare product with parts list or sample model to ensure completion of assembly including hardware.
- Verifies, if hardware is installed, the location and/or orientation of hardware.
- Verifies specified dimensions of product or material.
- Ability to use SAP and computer to print labels required for some assemblies.
- Rejects defective parts (pallets/Gaylord’s) with Reject tag.
- Interprets engineering drawings, diagrams and confers with quality or engineering staff to determine quality and reliability standards if part(s) are questionable.
- Operates any diagnostic equipment needed to perform job.
- Performs all other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed written and/or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Practice and promote safety at all times.
- Ability to lift 25-30 lbs on a continual basis when required.
- Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of the job.
- Ability to operate a forklift.
- Ability to operate power tools as necessary.
- Potentially rework product.
- Regular and predicatible attendance is an essential function of this job
Skills and Experience
- Quality background or experience preferred.
- Understanding of Pencell product preferred.
- Three to six months related experience and/or training.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
High School Diploma