At Abbott, we're committed to helping people live their best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world - in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals - that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 99,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
As a member of the Demand Planning group, this position is responsible for supporting the Abbott Nutrition S&OP process. Key deliverables of the S&OP process include the coordination of a consensus forecast, an understanding of new product introductions, and a thorough knowledge of current supply issues which might prevent the business unit from meeting its stated demand objectives. In order to accomplish this goal, the Demand Planning group interacts on a continual basis with numerous departments including Sales, Marketing, Finance, and Operations.
Develops Customer Item Level Forecast to support the S&OP process
• For assigned brands, gathers inputs from cross-functional counterparts on a regular basis and facilitates monthly forecast review meetings. Challenges assumptions to assure the most accurate forecast is developed.
• Incorporates product trends into forecast models and monthly forecast updates.
• Applies SAP/APO statistical modeling for analysis and forecasting.
• Supports monthly financial projections, leveraging S&OP as starting point and adjusting for specific ordering patterns or assumption changes.
• Participates in identifying root cause of error to ensure continuous improvement.
Communicate and document all pertinent information relative to the S&OP process
1) Attend S&OP meetings to represent the forecast to brand and management teams.
2) Ensures new innovation and contract assumptions are appropriately incorporated into the forecast.
3) Supply root cause analysis for forecast error/bias.
1) Maintains customer/item history and forecasts in APO.
2) Evaluates statistical models to ensure model selected drives the best forecast.
1) Effectively maintains and updates department reports. Demand Planner is responsible for the accuracy of the reports and understanding, communicating the top-line summary of what the data is stating.
Skills and Experience:
4-6 years of progressive experience in Supply Chain or Finance related positions. Individual must have an ability to effectively manage workload to ensure deadlines are not missed and be able to manage conflicting priorities. The individual must be highly motivated and have a desire for process improvement and innovative thinking. Accuracy of work is critical to this position. Advanced excel skills a must.
Depending upon experience
Bachelor's degree required, preferably in Business Administration, Finance or Supply Chain related fields of study.