Nifty Games is looking to hire a Senior Engineer to help us guide internal and external engineering teams to ensure our games are delivered at the highest of quality, leveraging stable and scalable technology. The role is a split between hands-on coding responsibilities and team leadership, and requires full-stack knowledge of a wide range of programming languages and tools. You will need to be a proactive problem solver, comfortable operating in the known and unforeseen challenges of game development and live ops.
- Help to drive the technical relationship with one or more external developers, including vetting the architecture, development, delivery, publishing, and live operations for multiple Nifty Games titles
- Work directly with the Technical Director to address the central needs of multiple active projects and developers
- Manage any day-to-day development issues for individual titles, attempting to predict and avoid problems, while being prepared to troubleshoot and provide a resolution as needed
- Work with the Production team to scope, plan, and execute on high-quality features, technology, and game content
- Be comfortable in both roles of implementation oversight as well as hands-on engineering
- Assist all disciplines to identify and implement tooling/automation to aid in velocity and eliminate error-prone workflows
- Spearhead technical training and documentation efforts for existing and onboarding employees across all disciplines
- 5-8 years of games industry engineering experience, including multiple shipped and operated titles
- Strong programming background in C, C++, or C# (preferred)
- Strong Unity experience in both game development and build pipeline
- Familiar with PlayFab for managed backend services
- Other Tools/Tech: AWS/Azure, Perforce/Git, G Suite, Jira, 1st party developer portals
- A team-first player who is able to work well with all disciplines, both on-site and remote
- Exceptional problem solver who thrives in uncertainty and is able to identify multiple, creative solutions to the various challenges developers and publishers face
- Breadth of expertise in areas such as graphics, tools, networking, gameplay, UI/UX, asset management, performance, iOS/Android native development
What Additional Skills Will Help You Stand Out?
- Passion for mobile gaming, sports gaming, and professional sports
- Engineering Management experience and aspirations
- Multiplayer gameplay programming experience
- Build Infrastructure/Pipeline and Release Management experience
- System Admin experience
Nifty Games, Inc is an equal opportunity employer with offices in both the San Francisco Bay Area, and the Greater Los Angeles region. This role can be placed in either location.