Our Logistics Coordinator will oversee the various freight activities including:
- Coordinate daily rate requests and provide customer service for all areas relating to brokered shipments.
- Coordinate daily shipments and provide customer service for all areas relating to brokered shipments.
- Route, consolidate (when possible), and book shipments with carriers and agents.
- Seek, establish, and maintain relationships with carriers and agents to secure truck capacity to service our customer’s needs.
- Reduce costs and increase profits.
- Be self-disciplined and deliver results in a timely manner.
- Maintain and update database of contacts for carriers and agents.
- Negotiate rates with carriers and agents.
- Monitor service levels of carriers and agents.
A great opportunity for a candidate with a drive to succeed and a "get it done" attitude. Experience is preferred but not required. Only applicants with the drive to succeed and provide exceptional service should apply.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (Customer Service).
- Must possess a strong sense of urgency & thrive in a fast-paced, hands-on environment.
- Solid negotiation skills.
We offer an attractive salary and benefits package (i.e. health, dental, matching 401K, bonuses, etc…)
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $35,000.00 - $60,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
Supplemental pay types:
People with a criminal record are encouraged to apply
Work Location: In person