What’s the job?
As General Manager you’ll provide day-to-day leadership and direction by maximizing financial returns, driving development of people, creating and maintaining a unique guest experience, executing on brand standards and building awareness of hotel and brand in the local community.
· Develop programs and initiatives to increase team engagement that are aligned with the service philosophy
· Develop, implement and monitor team member succession planning to ensure future bench strength
· Establish performance and development goals for team members and provide mentoring, coaching and regular feedback to enhance performance
· Oversee HR related actions in accordance with rules and policies
· Prepare annual capital, cash flow and sales and marketing plans to accurately forecast budgets and achieve required operating results
· Analyse financials to drive revenues, future profitability and maximum return on investment. Use distribution channels and technology platforms to drive revenue and maximize market share
· Lead capital plans and asset management initiatives, including working with owners to maintain or improve property’s market leadership position
· Demonstrate brand citizenship by maintaining compliance with all required brand and service standards, and license agreement mandates
· Drive improvement in guest satisfaction goals. Collaborate with colleagues and hotel team members to establish and implement services and programs that meet or exceed guest expectations
· Speak to guests – ask for their feedback and relationships
· Ensure a safe and secure environment for guests, colleagues and hotel assets in compliance with policies and procedures and regulatory requirements
· Maintain relations with outside contacts
· Act as public relations representative to raise awareness of hotel and brand in local community
· Drive team member involvement in community organizations, activities and businesses
· Develop and carry out action plans to be environmentally-conscious by taking steps to reduce the hotel’s carbon footprint
· Perform other duties as assigned. May also serve as manager on duty
This position is the top level in a property with multiple outlets and complex operations, which may include one or more of the following: multiple buildings with an extensive range of facilities and variety of technical aspects, complex owner relationships, extensive competitive pressures, difficult labour relations and/or union pressures.
What we need from you
· At least 3-5years’ prior hotel management experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Experience required may vary based on size and complexity of operation.
· Must speak fluent English.
How do I deliver this?
We genuinely care about people and we show this through living out our promise of True Hospitality each and every day. It’s what connects every colleague in allhotels.
Each hotel brand delivers True Hospitality in their own way, and at the heart of it all are specific, core service skills.
· True Attitude: being caring, wanting to make a positive difference, and building genuine connections with guests
· True Confidence: having the knowledge and skills to perform your role, and giving guests the confidence that they can trust you, to help and support them during their stay
· True Listening: focusing on what your guest is saying, picking up on body language that is often overlooked, and understanding what the guest wants and needs
· True Responsiveness: is about providing guests with what they need, and doing so in a timely and caring manner
The statements in this job description are intended to represent the key duties and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be ALL responsibilities or qualifications of the job.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00 to $55,000.00 /year
Required work authorization: