BUILDING OPERATING ENGINEER
A leading Commercial Real Estate company is seeking a Building Operating Engineer in Boca Raton, Florida to assist the Senior Property Manager (SPM) and Assistant Property Manager (APM) with the day-to-day operations for a two-building office property comprised of 171,000 square feet. This position will also assist another Building Operating Engineer team member with the management of a 480,000 square foot office and light industrial portfolio in Broward and Palm Beach Counties.
The Building Operating Engineer will assist the SPM and APM in the overall maintenance, facility management and construction/special project oversight/completion for the portfolio.
- Inspect building systems including fire alarms, fire sprinklers, mechanical/HVAC, electrical, plumbing, roof systems, doors & loading equipment to ensure proper operation and preventative maintenance.
- Schedule inspections and maintenance for building systems including but not limited to Fire Life Safety (fire alarm, fire sprinkler & fire extinguishers), Plumbing, HVAC/Mechanical & Electrical.
- Under minimal direction, ensures the proper functioning of building, property and site equipment and systems including utilities, HVAC and general building
- Responsible for the buildings’ operating systems Building Automation, Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing & Fire Life Safety).
- Perform assigned repairs, emergency repairs and preventative maintenance in a timely manner.
- Provide recommendations and observations to PM/APM regarding any building systems and components.
- Respond to work orders for overall maintenance tasks and tenant requests approved by SPM/APM and address. Updating work orders with additional detail upon completion.
- Assist the SPM/APM with the “move-in” and “move-out” process, including completing any and all repairs, maintenance and minor alterations which can be completed without the use of an outside vendor/contractor.
- Inspect and ensure that all vacant spaces are well maintained and secure.
- Maintain logs and reports necessary for the overall operation of the property or portfolio.
- Represent the Company in a professional manner in all dealings with tenants, visitors, vendors, customers and brokers.
- Support the SPM/APM with the review of maintenance, re-occurring service agreements and construction proposals and agreements.
- Assist the SPM/APM with the oversight of all out-side contracted work, general repair & maintenance, re-occurring services and construction (capital & tenant improvements).
- Any other reasonable work related responsibilities assigned by the SPM/APM.
REQUIREMENTS & SKILLS
- Minimum of 3-5 years of relevant experience in all phases of commercial property maintenance and relevant property types
- High school graduate or G.E.D. required
- EPA Universal Refrigerant Handling License (Section 608 Technician Certification) preferred
- Indoor and outdoor work is normal
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Carrying, knelling, squatting, twisting, bending, climbing and lifting are common throughout the work day
- Organized and ability to plan
- Excellent customer service experience
- Strong knowledge of building structures & systems
- Knowledge of OSHA regulations and the Clean Air Act
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Ability to successfully multi-task and meet deadlines in busy, time-sensitive environments
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Comfortable navigating the internet and general use of computer
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Valid driver’s license, good driving record and reliable vehicle to travel to property where assigned company vehicle is located
- On-call for emergencies including after-hours
- Experience with automated work order system (ex. Angus)
- Ability to use a smart phone for work email and work order system
We are looking for a team player, a person who adds value, contributes to the growth of the company and wants to be part of a winning team.
If you are interested in joining an organization that is committed to developing their employees, creating a culture of engagement and is focused on long-term growth, please forward your resume and salary requirements to Eric Valdes.
Tasks, functions and responsibilities are subject to change per needs of properties and policies of management company and/or property owner.
Equal Opportunity Employers and Drug Free Workplace
Job Type: Full-time
- High school or equivalent (Required)