Primary Care office in Clarkston seeking full-time Medical Assistant. Looking for quality candidates with excellent communication skills. Must be able to maintain efficient patient flow and assist with patient care and procedures, administer EKG/PFT testing, proficient in phlebotomy services, give injections and administer immunizations, e-prescribe, obtain prior authorizations, and provide patient education. This candidate will also perform administrative duties such as abstracting, check-in & check-out, collecting co-pays, answering phones and maintaining provider schedules.
- Escorts patients to and from exam rooms, physician offices, and treatment room as appropriate.
- Records patient data prior to each physician visit, including but not limited to, vital signs, height, weight, allergies, and medication changes.
- Obtains all necessary patient records as required by physician and verifies presence of consent prior to treatment or procedures.
- Prepares and stocks exam/treatment rooms and orders supplies as needed.
- Assists physicians with exams and procedures as requested.
- Assists with delegated patient education activities.
- Obtains blood specimens from peripheral sites as needed and in accordance with OSHA and universal precautions.
- Administers subcutaneous and intramuscular injections, including but not limited to, hormones and biological growth factors.
- Maintains all exam/treatment room disinfection protocols.
- Processes instruments and equipment as needed.
- Obtains new patient records and previous test results, x-rays, scans, etc.
- Performs all other administrative duties, i.e. abstracting, answering phones, scheduling, typing, filing, faxing, etc, as requested by supervisor or physician.
- Displays excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Certificate of graduation from an accredited program for Medical Assistants preferred.
- 2 years related work experience required.
- Phlebotomy experience preferred.
- Current CPR certification preferred.
We are proud to offer our full-time employees a generous benefits package that exceeds those offered by other medical practices in our region. Our benefits include medical, dental & vision insurance with employer contributions to health savings account, group life insurance, short-term & long-term disability, 401K retirement plan with matching options and so much more.
Job Type: Full-time
- Medical Assistant: 2 years (Preferred)
- Clarkston, MI (Preferred)