Manager, Network Services
The Network Support Technician is responsible for the monitoring of the KLC’s computing network and assisting the Network Administrators/Architects with the installation and configuration of server/network hardware and software components, disk management, problem determination and resolution. Provides first level support for the IT Service desk for problem determination and resolution by analyzing, identifying, and diagnosing faults and symptoms. Provides technical advice and support to customers using desktops, computers systems and peripheral equipment. Responsible for operational documentation as it relates to troubleshooting and operational procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides first level service desk support. Regular attendance in the office is required to provide direct support services and other tasks in-person such as setting up new equipment for users and meeting with new hires, problem solving for unplanned technical issues, physical asset management, etc.
- Assists the Network Administrators/Architects by monitoring the computing network and completing tasks associated with ongoing projects and maintenance.
- Provides and maintains service desk procedures documentation as needed.
- Responsible for installation configuration, maintenance and support of desktop hardware, applications, client software, and network printers as assigned.
- Administrative maintenance and organization of computer and network components as assigned; includes cable management and asset inventory.
- Performs various duties as assigned by manager. These include preparing reports, attending meetings, and performing studies as they relate to Information Technology.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Associates Degree in Information Technology is desired, but two years of related experience along with some college level study may be substituted for the degree.
- Two years’ experience supporting desktop/PC hardware and software.
- Two years’ experience with modern Windows operating systems.
- One year experience with Microsoft networking and servers.
- An understanding of network topologies, components, and concepts.
- Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures as they relate to desktop and network hardware and software.
- Microsoft Certifications, experience with Active Directory and Microsoft 365 a plus.
- Must be able to meet attendance requirements.
- Must be detailed oriented.
- Demonstrates strong analytical, technical, and organizational skills.
- Must be self-directed and self-motivated and be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Strong decision-making skills.
- Must be capable of working in a team environment.
- Ability to take ownership of assigned tasks and responsibilities.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Must have excellent problem-solving skills.
- Must have valid driver’s license and willingness to drive company vehicle on occasion.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Office environment—Required to work onsite.
- Must be able to work flexible hours when the need arises.
- PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds: Frequently
- Standing or sitting: Frequently
- Moving: Occasionally
- Reaching, writing, fingering, typing: Continuously
- Talking and/hearing: Continuously
- Seeing - Must be able to read reports, documents and use a computer: Continuously
- Sitting for long periods of time: Frequently
We offer a comprehensive employee benefits package including medical, dental, vision, wellness program, health savings account, flexible spending accounts, company paid life insurance, supplemental life insurance, company paid short-term and long-term disability, voluntary benefit plans, generous paid time off plans, retirement plans – including 401(k), 457(b), IRAs, and a money purchase retirement plan in which the company contributes a portion of your base pay.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
Work Location: One location