We have an opening for Student Help - DREAM (Dependable. Responsive. Excellent. Advisor. Mentor) Peer Coaching Model at our Southwest Tennessee-Macon Cove campus!
Student Help - DREAM (Dependable. Responsive. Excellent. Advisor. Mentor) Peer Coaching Model
The DREAM Peer Coaching Model is a program that assists students in adapting to the college environment so new and returning students can meet their educational and personal goals. Five pillars as identified in the name will serve to guide the ongoing training and expectations for the DREAM team.
Role of a DREAM Peer Coach
1. Provides information concerning campus resources, activities, and services.
2. Provides encouragement for peers to stay in college and finish their program through out-of-classroom engagement with touchpoints.
3. Guides and encourages mentees toward academic success.
4. Role models that display appropriate social behavior and skills.
5. Punctual, informative, and reliable and responsive in the execution of all assigned duties.
6. Considerate, courteous, friendly, and cooperative with fellow peers and staff.
7. Maintains confidentiality with peer’s personal information, such as contact information.
8. Maintain weekly communication with your assigned peers with an openness to on-call
support for 1-2 hours per week and small group support during critical advising
1. Completed 12 semester hours or more
2. 2.75 GPA
3. Available to work 15 hours per week with pay
4. Attend Peer Coaching training session.
The Salary Range for the position is:
Salary is commensurate with colleges pay scale.
In order to be considered for the position, the following items must be uploaded:
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcripts
Incomplete applications will not be screened.
If you are interested, click on the link to the left to apply.