To manage and maintain client relations and bidding activity in various specialty trades. Develops/prepares accurate estimates and bids for commercial projects with private and public entities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include regular attendance and the following:
1. Receives and reviews all bid invitations for qualifications, specifications & pertinent information to assess attainability.
2. Prepares bids/proposals, follows up with Asbestos/Lead Abatement, Demolition, Water/Mold Remediation clients for pertinent information that helps generate accurate estimates, including.
a. Preparing bid packages, with GC’s, Municipalities, School Districts, etc.
b. Collaborates with others across functions to gather necessary documentation and information to prepare bid packages.
3. Uses and navigates a variety of take-off systems to complete accurate estimates.
4. Manages and maintains job budget into operating software with an eye to maximize the company’s profitability.
5. Gathers information regarding job progress from operations team, clients or owner’s representatives to complete timely progress billing.
a. Manages and maintains project billing until close-out. Delegates specific tasks to Project Administrators.
b. For public projects, enforces that PA’s in the team follow up on progress billing by the contractor’s cutoff date to minimize waiting time for payments.
6. Manages and moves along all bid activities to ensure projects are secured within the department’s digital folder located in the server.
7. Maintains regular communication with QE’s Operations team to assess job progress, discrepancies in scope of work or additional work.
8. Provides directions to Project Administrators on the preparation for permitting applications including for AQMD, Fire Department and City Governments.
9. Directs Project Administrators in the preparation of proposals, including:
a. Provides directions on where to send proposals
b. Directs them in the preparation/filling out of any forms related to the bidding activity.
10. Reviews and manages time and materials (TM) with Project Administrators to ensure accurate progress billing, including:
a. Submits billing to Project Administrators
b. Performs secondary review (quality check) and approval of all data prepared by Project Administrators before it is released to A/R
c. Determine if billing requires President’s review,
d. Maintains and organizes all field documentation according to the bids or projects assigned
11. Attends job walks, field meetings needed to ensure projects stay within budget and on schedule (productivity & profitability).
12. May train other Estimators as needed.
13. Performs business development activities including,
a. Attending trade events representing the company,
b. Assisting in cultivating goodwill for the QEI brand,
c. Identifying potential new clients,
d. Shares contact information on prospects with marketing department to add to various distribution lists and prospecting activities,
e. Setting up/organizing outside activities to expose high profile prospects or existing clients to QEI stakeholders.
14. Performs any special projects assigned by Director of Estimating or President.
15. Travels to project meetings and or training classes as necessary.
16. Other duties or projects may be assigned based on operational needs.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
· A High School Diploma or GED is required. Some college education is highly desirable.
· Minimum of 5 years of experience working for a Construction contractor or in the construction industry in a project or sales role.
· Proficient use of software applications such as MS Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, SAGE platform as well as programs for take-offs.
· Possesses excellent problem-solving skills & prioritizes Win-Win outcomes.
· Highly organized with time and tasks to ensure efficiency and accuracy are consistently maintained.
· Thrives in a high-pressure environment with multiple deadlines.
· Possesses demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize own work despite competing priorities
· Must have a valid Driver’s License and meets insurability criteria of QEI’s commercial insurer.
Ability to read and interpret general business publications. Ability to write business correspondence, bids, and proposals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, project owners, consultants, and third parties, whether in a group setting or one-on-one. Has a polished demeanor when communicating with VIP’s.
Ability to apply concepts such as decimals, percentages, ratios, conversions between different measurements metrics into calculations and practical situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Regularly required to drive to job walks/pre-bid, job site meetings or pre-construction meetings. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.'
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $65,000.00 - $100,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Vision insurance
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Construction estimating: 5 years (Required)
- Asbestos/Lead Abatement Estimating: 3 years (Required)
Work Location: One location