Axle Informatics is looking for a student who is detail-oriented and a quick-learner to be the next intern in a high-performing, fast-paced IT environment
Axle Informatics is an information technology company that offers innovative computer services, informatics, and enterprise solutions to research centers and healthcare organizations around the globe. With experts in software engineering, bioinformatics and program management, we focus on developing and applying technology tools and techniques to empower decision-making and accelerate the discovery in translational research.
We have developed multiple software programs and applications specialized for different types of research facilities & universities aimed at optimizing laboratory operations. Our solutions encompass sample management, data acquisition and processing, reporting, and scientific data management. Axle’s solutions increase productivity, elevate experimental data quality, and reduce lab process’ documentation time.
We work with some of the top research organizations and facilities in the country including multiple institutes at the National Institutes of health (NIH), which means candidates will be receiving the best on-the-job training possible in this field.
What you’ll be doing:
- Attaining hands-on experience with developing both front and back-end bioinformatics software.
- Designing new features in WebGL
- Designing new features and performance enhancements for existing systems.
- Participate in testing and fixing bugs in existing written codes
- Developing a guide detailing program limitations to aid in future analysis of investigator datasets.
- Help develop effective pipelines to manage and visualize scientific datasets
- Gaining on-site work experience at various locations within the NIH
Who you are:
- Demonstrated interest and understanding in computer science or bioinformatics disciplines
- Interested in gaming, web development and programming
- Interested in 3D graphics using orthographic projection
- Familiarity with WebGL, OpenGL and MEAN stack
- You enjoy creating 3D web pages
- You’re hungry to learn. Give you data, tools and resources and let you soar!
- You want to apply what you’re learning directly to your work to make your job easier.
- You aim to simplify your work processes by finding patterns and making your work efficient
- You care about the quality of your work and are adamant in ensuring things are flowing smoothly
- Strong work ethic and coolness under pressure in a “live” environment.
Skills we’d love for you to have (but not required):
- Performing statistical data analysis with MATLAB and/or R.
- Basic knowledge of PHP, MySQL and SQL, Linux, Apache and other object oriented designs.
- Understanding of AngularJS, Node.js and Bootstrap within a dynamic content environment
- Familiarity with Microsoft SharePoint
- Ability to learn quickly and multitask in a fast-paced environment. Extreme attention to detail.
- Junior or senior BA/BS or working towards a MS, Postbaccalaureate or PhD candidate in Bioinformatics, Computer Science, or related field.
- Able to work independently at times and be able to give 20 hours/week.
- Ability to work under independently, just as well as general supervision.
- The ability to work in a team environment with changing priorities.
Job Type: Internship
- Angular JS: 1 year (Preferred)
Hours per Week: