Amazon is looking for a detail oriented and highly motivated Materials Testing Technician to join our Customer Packaging Experience (CPEX) team in Seattle, WA (Rainier Valley).
This position is responsible for packaging testing and results recording in accordance with documented laboratory processes. A successful candidate is highly detail oriented, organized and insists on the highest standards for quality and repeatability in testing. Responsibilities include updating laboratory procedures to improve workflow and overall efficiencies and training others. Candidate must possess strong customer service skills and be able communicate with various cross-functional customers (Program Participants (vendors), CPEX team, and internal customers. We are looking a self-starter comfortable with ambiguity, with strong attention to detail, and ability to work in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
Two shifts available (please indicate desired shift when apply)
- Maintain and promote Safety within the Lab.
- Conduct material testing on packaging substrates for e-commerce shipping utilizing industry standards
- Ensure Lab SLA’s are being achieved.
- Maintain data integrity with proper use of the Lab UI.
- Actively participate in Lab process improvements (development and implementation).
- Provide timely and concise updates and results to cross-functional customers
- Collaborate with manager to assign weekly and daily tasks to Lab Contractor(s).
- Meet with manager on a routine basis to discuss performance and development.
- Elevate all concerns or problems associated with the Lab to manager.
- Manage multiple projects and varying tasks simultaneously.
- Supporting internal teams as needed for project support
- Previous experience with testing in an industrial laboratory environment or quality control testing.
- Must be able to work 32-40 hours a week
- Second Shift (4 10s M-Th)
- Ability to interact with teams in US and other global locations.
- Proven analytical skills and highly comfortable with numbers, Proficient with Microsoft Office (i.e., Excel, Word)
- Must be able to lift up to 45lbs and team lift 50 -100+ lbs
- Materials testing experience
- In-depth knowledge of ASTM and TAPPI
- Capacity planning / priority management of incoming lab testing requests, including preventative maintenance plan
- Team lead / manager of other lab technicians highly desired
We are looking for the right person who reflects our values and supports our organizational goals. If you think you would be a good addition to our team, we encourage you to apply today.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation