Maple Grove Hot Springs and Retreat Centeris a 45 acre, fully off-grid eco center along the Bear River and Oneida Narrows Reservoir. We offer 4 hot spring pools, a 30’ group retreat yurt, glamping accommodations in yurts, canvas, cabins for over 30 guests, riverfront beach, hiking trails, paddleboard/kayak rentals, reception lodge/bathhouse, and more.
We believe personal wellness requires community support, that wild land teaches powerful lessons, and that human growth is rooted in new experiences. Maple Grove commits to their employees a nurturing work environment and the tools to achieve personal and professional success. Maple Grove is committed to creating and inspiring a picture-perfect guest experience, which begins and ends with the hard work and dedication of our amazing staff.
The Caretaking Fellowship provides the ideal candidate the opportunity to be an integral member of the founding team of conservationists, healers, explorers, artists, and builders dedicated to the revival of a historical hot springs in the pristine landscape of Southern Idaho. This in an unpaid fellowship that includes room and board.
Commitment: June – September
Work Schedule: Flexible, weekends (35-40hrs/week)
- Be an active member of the Maple Grove Hot Springs Retreat Center Hosting Team
- Ensure guests have an exceptional “one-of-a-kind” experience
- Assist with general upkeep and maintenance of property (hot spring management, trail development, grounds & garden, housekeeping, etc.).
- Be a Maple Grove representative upholding our vision and core principles
- Greet, register & process guests to assigned lodgings
- Accommodate guest requests; communicating with Maple Grove Host if need arises
- Ensure guests comply with retreat rules and guidelines at all times
Hot Spring Management
- Maintain optimal temperatures in the pools at all times
- Ensure pool and soaking area is clean and clear of tripping hazards
Housekeeping & Grounds
- Clean and maintain: all guest room accommodations, bathhouse & reception area, group yurt, and public facilities; administrative office spaces on a regular basis.
- Assist in the set-up of special events as needed.
- Ensure the grounds are well maintained; special landscaping/gardening projects may be available
- Coordinate with the rest of the staff; notifying Maple Grove Hosts of occurring deficiencies or needs for repairs
- Follow all health and safety regulations
- Exceptional customer service skills, responsible and mature, and enjoy working with people
- Must be easily adaptable to shifting of work loads and specific tasks
- Work in remote and at times extreme outdoor conditions (rain, sun, snow)
- Pass background check
- Valid driver's license
- Able to lift up to 30 lbs
- 1-2 years experience in eco-tourism, guest hospitality, environmental education, or a related field
- Degree or seeking degree in eco-tourism, outdoor recreation, sustainability, environmental education, and/or small business preferred
- On-site employee housing and meals through fellowship
- One free night stay coupon per month (please coordinate with Host for available dates)
- Participate in workshops, seminars, and other special events and activities at a reduced rate
- Fresh air, sunshine, soaking, and an experience of a life-time
- Opportunity to be a part of the founding Center team during its inaugural season.
Job Type: Internship