System Support Specialist at TradeWind Markets
New York City · Full Time
TradeWind Markets is looking for a driven and capable System Support Specialist who wants to be a part of a well-funded startup with backing from prominent financial services/technology firms that have a reputation for challenging the status quo.
The Systems Support Specialist provides a unique opportunity to be a part of the core team, with significant responsibility and visibility. You'll quickly become proficient with the mechanics of electronic trading, global gold operations and market structure, and the support of multifaceted technology systems. You will demonstrate the composure and aptitude required to work effectively in a dynamic, high-pressure production systems environment.
Our team is highly collaborative with complementary skills and experience bound together by a high degree of integrity, intrinsic motivation, and standard of excellence. If this sparks your interest – come join us!
What you’ll do:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Collaborative team player
- Enjoy troubleshooting and problem solving
- Take pride in providing an extremely high service level
- Operate, support, troubleshoot and maintain production trading and custodial technology - this is a technical role
- Develop expertise with our systems, market functionality, order types, and external interfaces
- Manage platform interaction with external systems including customers and technology vendors
- Onboard and train new customers, including FIX certification
- Review system activity reports for business and operational functions
- Participate in general product development and business development initiatives
- Ongoing maintenance of operational procedures
- Manage trading and settlement reporting
- Publish alert notifications to customers
- Bachelor's degree, preferably operations/technology related
- Availability and commitment to accommodate a flexible work schedule and an on-call environment
- Experience with FIX protocol and electronic trading systems support
- Experience with SQL, Linux, shell, bash
- Comfortable working at a command prompt
- Client-facing technical support and customer service experience
Why work for us
- FinTech firm with the right combination of capital markets and technology experience to succeed.
- The ability to shape the future of global financial services to be more transparent, efficient, and fair through technology.
- Fun and casual environment of a startup, with the seriousness and discipline required to deal with major Wall St. and global financial services firms
- Modern office with a cool vibe conveniently located in the Bowery, NY – keg nitro brew coffee, anyone!
To meet the basic qualifications for this role you will have legal authorization to work permanently in the United States for any employer without requiring a visa transfer or visa sponsorship.
TradeWind Markets in an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.