Specific information related to the position is outlined below. To apply, click on the button above. You will be required to create an account (or sign in with an existing account). Your account will provide you access to your application information. Need Help?
Should you have a disability and need assistance with the application process, please request a reasonable accommodation by emailing BB&T Accessibility or by calling 866-362-6451. This email inbox is monitored for reasonable accommodation requests only. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Regular or Temporary:
Language Fluency: English (Required)
1st shift (United States of America)
Please review the following job description:
Responsible for delivery of superior quality service while adhering to corporate, regulatory, and audit guidelines. Provide timely and efficient completion of client transactions while maintaining accurate records and thorough proper handling of all monies assigned. Proactively participate in the sales/quality referral process of the branch and engage clients in conversation as directed by management.
This On Call Teller will provide coverage for branches in Wise, Coeburn, Castlewood and Lebanon Monday - Saturday. The teller must be flexible and available to work on an as needed basis and be available to train on a full time basis for 11 business days. This is a year round position, not a seasonal position; therefore, this teller must be available to work any schedule year round during our business hours in our Wise, Coeburn, Castlewood and Lebanon area branches. The position does not offer a guaranteed number of hours per week and the teller cannot work more than an average of 19 hours per week. The number of hours worked could be 0 - 40 hours per week. In lieu of benefits, an additional 20% bonus rate will be paid for each hour worked.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
1. Provide professional client service, which includes, but is not limited to: performing accurate transactions, greeting the client, smiling, using the client’s name during the transaction, and thanking each client for his or her business. Refer clients to other branch team members and specialists as needed.
2. Perform the basic transactions of a paying and receiving teller such as accepting deposits and loan payments, verifying cash and endorsements, cashing checks within limits and obtaining further authorization when necessary, issuing money orders, Cashier's checks, and redeeming savings bonds.
3. Prepare individual daily balance of teller cash transactions as well as other reports as necessary.
4. Perform more complex transactions (with assistance as necessary) such as:
a. Large commercial deposits;
b. Close-out transactions;
c. Cash advances.
5. At the discretion and direction of the supervisor, responsible for collecting his or her own cash items.
6. Follow all operating procedures as outlined in Branch Operations Manual (BOM).
7. Handle proportionate volume of work based on branch demands
Required Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. High School diploma or equivalent
2. Ability to complete teller training in required time frame
3. Demonstrated ability to read, follow written instructions and accurately complete written reports
4. Good interpersonal skills
5. Ability to use office machines and perform basic mathematical functions
6. Demonstrated ability to deliver good client service and provide team support
7. Ability to complete Bank training program for Teller
8. Capability to lift a minimum of 30 lbs
9. Ability to travel to accommodate temporary staffing needs as required
10. Ability to speak fluent English
1. Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities under time constraints