The PJ&A Coding team is currently looking for an Outpatient Coder with Same Day Surgeryexperience.
As a member of the PJ&A coding team, you will be responsible for providing coding services to clients over a multitude of healthcare facilities. Position is roughly 40 hours.
Duties and Responsibilities
- assist in evaluating medical records documentation, coding all diagnosis and procedures on medical records and data entry or patient information.
- Utilizes correct coding principles as defined by regulatory agencies and standard ethical coding.
- Minimum of two years of coding experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills in time managements, multi-tasking and prioritization.
- Knowledge of CPT, ICD-10, and HCPCS coding systems and guidelines.
- Knowledge of HIPAA requirements.
Licensing / Certifications
- Certified Professional Coder (CPC) through the AAPC or Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) through AHIMA.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract