The proposal coordinator's primary responsibility is to coordinate all the necessary steps to deliver winning proposals to clients. The job comes with strict deadlines, as well as strict attention to compliance with clients' quality standards and detailed requirements. Responsibilities include working on bids and conducting background research required for proposals, supporting various departments by performing related activities, and performing large amounts of writing and editing. Written and verbal communication skills are extremely important to this job, along with strong organizational skills, proficiency with document-producing software, and strong analytical abilities.
Note: Projects and deadlines may occasionally require schedule flexibility and extended working hours.
- Analyze government solicitations, identifying all requirements and criteria for evaluation
- Analyze requirements and ensure that proposals meet requirements
- Resolve issues and set priorities for proposal development
- Develop proposal schedule, outline, and compliance matrix
- Coordinate and maintain team documentation efforts
- Coordinate a collaborative environment tool to facilitate proposal activities
- Facilitate interactions between key personnel and business functions in proposal development efforts
- Support all aspects of proposal preparation, revision, and submission
- Coordinate inputs from other departments and lines of business; communicate across teams to obtain input and meet deadlines
- Write proposal sections as assigned
- Coordinate, facilitate, and present internal reviews with upper management;
- Demonstrate independent exercise of judgment on details of work and in making preliminary selections and adaptations of proposal alternatives
- Provide reporting to Management of proposal generation activities and status
- Review proposals, quotes, and cost sheets to insure proposals meet RFP requirements
- Develop and maintain proposal generation processes
- Develop and maintain proposal generation tools, templates, etc.
- Responsible for preparing, presenting, conducting and participating in reviews at all stages of the proposal and ensuring that the proposal conforms to the instructions, evaluation criteria, and other requirements in solicitation
- Perform in a variety of proposal development roles, including but not limited to leading sections and/or volumes, technical writing and editing, and desktop publishing
- Build product sheets and price lists
- Update marketing materials and company website
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree or professional certification in a related field (or equivalent combination of skills, experience, and coursework)
- Ability to collaborate effectively with all teams and lines of business
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Outstanding verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Robust analytical skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Highly developed business writing acumen
- Ability to multitask effectively
- Tangible product management skills
- Strong working knowledge of business and management principles
- Demonstrated understanding of typical enterprise functional areas
- Must have a working knowledge of Federal and DoD contract types, General Services Administration and Federal Acquisition Regulations, and commercial procurement
- Proficiency in MS Office suite
- Proficiency with desktop publishing software
- The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Worker may be required to perform physical activities including climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, sitting, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, and repetitive motion.
- Close visual acuity may be required to perform activities such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines.
- Worker may occasionally be required to lift or move objects weighing up to 30 lb.
- Some travel may occasionally be required.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Conflict Kinetics Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time
- Desktop Publishing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Federal and DoD Contracting: 1 year (Preferred)
- Marketing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Commercial Procurement: 1 year (Preferred)
- Proposal Writing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Project Management: 1 year (Preferred)