In June 2017, Sumo Logic announced another $75M funding round led by Sapphire Ventures, with participation from new and existing investors including DFJ Growth, Greylock Partners, Sequoia Capital, and others ( https://www.sumologic.com/press/2017-06-27/75-million-funding-round/). This brings our total funding to $235.5M to date. Sumo Logic’s business has scaled significantly, tripling both our annual recurring revenue and customer count to over 1,500 customers, reflecting every major vertical and company size.
Who Are We?
We are a secure, cloud-native, machine data analytics service, delivering real-time, continuous intelligence from structured, semi-structured and unstructured data across the entire application lifecycle and stack. Our mission is to democratize analytics, making it accessible, simple and powerful for businesses of all sizes to build, run and secure their organizations. With Sumo Logic, customers can harness the power of machine data to gain operational business and customer insights that lead to competitive advantage and differentiated customer experience.
What Do We Do?
Sumo Logic was founded in 2010 by experts in log management, scalable systems, big data, and security. We imagined a world of Yottabyte-scale machine data, where machine learning algorithms and advanced analytics could make sense of it all. Today, our purpose-built, cloud-native service analyzes more than 100 petabytes of data, more than 16 million searches, and delivers 10s of millions of insights daily – positioning Sumo among the most powerful machine data analytics services in the world. Our customers around the globe rely on Sumo Logic for the analytics and insights to build, run and secure their modern applications and cloud infrastructures. With Sumo Logic, customers gain a service-model advantage to accelerate their shift to continuous innovation, increasing competitive advantage, business value, and growth.
Senior Software Engineer - Data Ingestion Lead
The core mission of this team is to provide a world-class security analytics platform to our enterprise customers.
We will accomplish this by building best of breed technology for pattern recognition, pattern discovery, user and entity behavioral anomaly detection with strong models of the protected network, users, and known threats, and investigation workflow. All of these will be integrated with Sumo Logic’s world-class log management capabilities already in use by thousands of enterprise customers worldwide.
Sumo Logic, and the security analytics team (SANA), believe in raising the cost of operations for the adversary by creating durable and contextually rich countermeasures.
As a member of this team you will be expected to serve as the subject matter expert, lead construction of security content, oversee cross-customer data collection and interpretation, and contribute to the overall direction of security analytics at Sumo Logic.
- Create parsers to transform incoming log entries into key-value pair dictionaries known as events. Gathering and creating log format documentation. Continuous improvement of data abstraction layer in Sumo Logic.
- Coordinate others performing similar work. Monitor the quality of that work. Instruct new team members in work.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and experience working with remote teams.
- Strong understanding of computer science fundamentals, specifically networking, databases and tool development.
- Understanding of IT operations: perimeter defense, operating systems, logging techniques
- Good working knowledge of regular expressions.
- Experience with ETL (extract, transform, and load) work.
- Experience with Scala and/or Java is a plus.
- BS/MS or equivalent experience required.
To apply, please submit your resume, no cover letter necessary. We encourage you to submit any work you have done in the open. (Open source contributions, GitHub repos, etc.C