Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE:
GCI) is an innovative, digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to strengthening communities across our network. With an unmatched local-to-national reach, Gannett touches the lives of more than 110 million people monthly with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services. Gannett brands include USA TODAY NETWORK with the iconic USA TODAY and more than 100 local media brands, digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, SweetIQ, and United Kingdom media company Newsquest. To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
The USA TODAY NETWORK seeks a Producer for Voice to join its audio team. This is a contract position, for the period of 6 months. The Producer for Voice will be responsible for developing, pitching, producing and publishing daily single-topic audio stories for smart speaker distribution.
- Oversee USA TODAY’s daily news coverage on Google Home, Amazon Echo and other smart speakers
- Develop story ideas and report, research for content creation focused on trending topics
- Coordinate production and logistics of all recordings, interviews, voice over
- Produce and edit audio stories daily, including script writing
- Utilize analytics to make informed decisions for storytelling and to measure success
- Produce related digital content for USA TODAY’s platforms
- Focus on audience growth for smart speaker users
- At least three years of professional experience creating audio stories. This includes experience in podcasting, radio, filmmaking or a comparable field
- Coordinate with newsrooms across the Network to assign, solicit and partner to create local content of national interest
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience producing, editing and voicing audio in both the field and in the studio
- Being comfortable recording voice over and serving as voice talent daily strongly preferred
- Experience coordinating and planning news content
- Experience and proficiency using Adobe Audition or another comparable non-linear digital audio editing software
- Demonstrated experience building an audience of listeners
- Strong editorial decision-making skills and news judgment
Gannett Co., is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.