- Freight Experience
- Microsoft Office
- Supervising Experience
Scope of the
Working with the Director, Commercial Operations & Distribution to lead a best in class Import/Export Management and Compliance Program
A thorough understanding of complex federal import/export laws and regulations including but not limited to the U.S. Customs regulations, Harmonized Tariff Schedule (HTS), Export Administration Regulations (EAR), FCC form 740, International Traffic In Arms Regulations (ITAR) which will include responsibility for equivalent EU and APAC regulations.
A thorough understanding of NAFTA and other global trade programs
Responsible for worldwide implementation and compliance of Import/Export best practices throughout the organization.
Work with Global Lead & Coordinator for Freight and Transportation to ensure optimization of freight to drive towards a neutral freight cost model.
Review and approve regional freight related invoices for payment processing.
- Continue to develop/maintain the full Global Export Compliance Program
- Serve as the #1 subject matter expert for import/export compliance, providing advice and guidance on import/export compliance policies and procedures, working with the Navico in-house Legal team as required.
- Ensure that the activities of the business units comply with applicable export control laws and regulations, as well as the requirements set forth in the Import/Export Compliance Program
- Leading all compliance and governance matters, which include internal/external audits and compliance with policies, procedures and government regulations.
- Fully knowledgeable on regulations and maintaining a working knowledge on changes in import and export laws and regulations.
- Completing or overseeing responsibility for all export compliance requirements for each proposed export, import and re-export transaction, in coordination with the other relevant employees within the Business Unit, to ensure that each proposed transaction complies with applicable licensing requirements under export control laws and regulations
- Assignment of HTS and ECCN codes to new products
- Develop trade compliance KPI’s ( Import & Export )
- Arrange and manage trade compliance training globally
- Monitor and advise the appropriate staff members of revisions/changes to export control laws and regulations, and the Import/Export Compliance Program
- Fully knowledgeable of C-TPAT in order to oversee and manage Navico C-TPAT certification
- Work with senior management to negotiate freight with vendors, control & monitor freight, ensuring cost controls, approval routes are in place and effective.
- Review/analyze carrier freight bills to ensure they are correct and coded properly for accounting prior to approving.
- Monitor freight audit company reporting for freight optimization and audit credits from carriers
- Address inquiries regarding shipment delays due to Customs related issues
- Other duties as assigned
- Past experience or certification in US Import and Export controls with no less than 3-5 years of practical experience
- Thorough understanding of product classification (HTS and ECCN)
- Thorough understanding of NAFTA
- Knowledge of global trade programs preferred
- Experience in business application of import/export regulations and the ability to identify and solve critical customs issues.
- Knowledge/experience working with freight forwarders and U.S. customs brokers.
- Bachelor’s degree required (may consider equivalent work experience)
- Attention to detail and critical thinking and analysis is necessary.
- Strong computer skills specifically use of Microsoft Office Suite of products, ERP systems and reporting tools
- It is important that the candidate be able to work in a Cross Functional Team Environment.
- Excellent communications (both verbal and written) and negotiation skills
- Problem and Discrepancy resolution skills a must
- Be flexible to do whatever is required to get the job done
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships with peers, customers and team members;
- Demonstrated people-management skills – be a good motivator and coach and lead by example; Previous managerial/supervisory experience required
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to multi task at all levels of typical organizational structure as well as with external partners
- Be motivational and lead by example
- Background and experience in high value electronics product logistics environment an advantage
- Results driven and solution oriented
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in a high-energy, goal-oriented environment
- Advanced computer skills – ERP, Microsoft Office suite, other tools
- Sense of urgency and ability to meet deadlines
- Strong reporting and analytical skills
- Be adaptable and display an ability to drive process improvement
- Be a detail oriented, analytical thinker who can thrive in a fast paced environment
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Makes the right decisions with long term, commercial thinking
- Must have high level of integrity, professionalism and loyalty
- Performance will be reviewed after 3 months, quarterly and annually
- Able to work in an open plan office environment
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally as needed
- Expectation is to work outside of standard hours of 8.15-5.00 including weekends as needed.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee’s responsibilities may change based on the needs of the business.
Bachelors or better.