The Senior Software Engineer position will immediately drive the technical aspects as well as implement feature/functionality and capabilities, improve performance and maintainability, while reducing technical debt in alignment with Product and Technology roadmaps supporting the Residential and CB email platforms. This position plays a role in agile planning, providing advice and guidance, and monitoring emerging trends. In addition, this position will lead a cross functional team of engineers in the development of user interfaces, 3rd party APIs and integrations with vendors as well as utilize their experience to analyze problems and find out solutions independently. These initiatives will be conducted in a fast paced environment and are aligned with corporate goals.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Duties:
- Works with Product Management to understand the challenges that customers and end users face in their day-to-day work and partner with them to design viable solutions.
- Recommends viable solutions to processes, technology, and interfaces that improve the effectiveness of the team and reduce technical debt.
- Foresees capacity requirements for component usage and identifies limitations.
- Provides input into story sizing, backlog grooming, and release planning.
- Contributes to product and solution designs to address critical issues and complex problems.
- Builds software applications across multiple platforms in response to the needs of stakeholders.
- Understands technical architecture and can write software and automated tests that are aligned with agreed upon standards.
- Performs trouble-shooting efforts and investigations when necessary.
- Provides ongoing support, monitoring, and maintenance of deployed products.
- Actively works with less experienced software engineers providing technical guidance and oversight.
- Actively participates in the engineering community, staying up to date on new software technologies and best practices and shares insights with others in the organization.
- 3+ years of software/application development or programming experience
- Working experience with application lifecycle methodologies (e.g. agile, iterative)
- Ability to work on multiple projects and be flexible to adapt to changing requirements
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Working experience with LDAP authentication
- Working experience with public and private cloud environments
- Working experience in analysis, design, implementation, and support
- Willingness to test as much of the core functionality of our platform as possible
- Ability to turn high-level requirements into a working system through iterative development
- Collaborate with team members to execute deliverables
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent combination of industry related professional experience and education
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is a broadband communications and entertainment company, providing advanced digital video, Internet, telephone and home security and automation services over its own nationwide IP network. Cox Business is a facilities-based provider of voice, video and data solutions for commercial customers, and Cox Media is a full-service provider of national and local cable spot and digital media advertising. Cox is known for its pioneering efforts in broadband, voice and commercial services, industry-leading customer care and its outstanding workplaces. Cox Communications, a wholly owned subsidiary of Cox Enterprises, is available at www.cox.com and www.coxmedia.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Cox Communications, Inc.
US-GA-Atlanta-6305 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd