The safety of this country depends on the foreign language skills of Air Force linguists. Responsible for translating and analyzing messages, you’ll supply decision makers with the information they need to shape the mission. These Cryptologic Language Analysts utilize their extensive training, whether it be in Arabic, Chinese, Russian or one of several other languages to obtain quality intelligence.
- Use foreign language skills to search for, identify and process other communications.
- Operate voice and graphic communications equipment.
- Transcribe, translate and summarize intercepted voice and graphic communications.
- Provide warning of adversarial intentions against the U.S.
- Identify regional and cultural factors associated with activities of interest.
The Air Force benefits package is unparalleled in the civilian world. Benefits include:
- 30 days of vacation with pay each year.
- Outstanding healthcare coverage for you and your family.
- Food and housing assistance.
- A generous retirement program.
- Continuing education opportunities.
- Free or low-cost world travel opportunities.
This job requires military service with a contract as a commissioned officer in the Air Force. The application is for a specific position within the Air Force.
To be considered, you must meet the following requirements:
- High school diploma, GED with 15 college credits or GED
- Documented foreign language proficiency in a designated language
- Completion of a designated Cryptologic Language Analyst Initial Skills course
- No history of temporomandibular joint disorder or pain
- A minimum score of 110 on the Defense Language Aptitude Battery
- Ability to type at a rate of 25 words per minute
- Favorable completion of a current Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI)
- Completion of 8.5 weeks of Basic Military Training
- Must be between the ages of 17 and 39
- Requires initial credit check upon job reservation (if a credit check hasn’t already been completed).
About the Air Force
The mission of the U.S. Air Force is to fly, fight and win—airpower anytime, anywhere. We offer over 200 careers ranging from healthcare to engineering, and we live by three core values: integrity first, service before self and excellence in all we do. Join us and see how far you’ll go.
Once you’ve finished applying, a recruiter will contact you regarding next steps.
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: On the road