For 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
We are seeking an experienced Associate Director - Study Logistics
for our Safety Assessment
site located in Horsham, PA
The Associate Director - Study Logistics
is responsible for creating and maintaining the global Lab Sciences macro and micro scheduling process. Once the process is created, the individual will provide, leadership, oversight and management of the entire Lab Sciences study scheduling process including refinement, communication, coordination, and analysis of management logistics to ensure efficient and effective execution of study starts. Additional responsibilities include:
About Safety Assessment
- Create, maintain, and manage multi-site Lab Sciences scheduling process and system for Global Lab Sciences.
- Single point of contact for Lab Sciences capacity management, communications and status reports.
- Responsible for insuring visibility and supporting adoption of these efforts across the sites globally, as appropriate.
- Focal point for resource selection and allocation methodology for Lab Sciences studies.
- Liaise with study Lab Sciences Scientists, Study Directors, Client Services, Finance, Project Coordinators, Testing Facility Management, and outside vendors for scheduling of Lab Sciences work to ensure timely and efficient study conduct.
- Collaborate with Schedulers at the sites to complete detailed analysis of study design and metrics to ensure they are consistent with actual work. Partner with Lab Sciences Operational groups, Project Coordination and Management to implement design, metric and costing changes as needed.
- Provide technical guidance to Project Coordination, Client Services, and Scientist and Sponsors, needed.
- Develop solutions and make recommendations for any roadblocks that would inhibit a milestone date being met (i.e., changes of work scope, material shipment delays, availability of study related inventory and equipment).
- Partner with technical departments to maintain macro schedule each facility that does Lab Sciences work. Ensure that the macro schedule is accurate and drives the site micro schedule.
- Provide weekly updates, including the collation of follow-up and resolutions to outstanding pre-study logistic deliverables that may impact the study schedule or cause slippage.
Charles River is committed to helping our partners expedite their preclinical drug development with exceptional safety assessment services, state-of-the-art facilities and expert regulatory guidance. From individual specialty toxicology and IND enabling studies to tailored packages and total laboratory support, our deeply experienced team can design and execute programs that anticipate challenges and avoid roadblocks for a smooth, efficient journey to market. Each year approximately 120 investigational new drug (IND) programs are conducted in our Safety Assessment facilities.