The Plan Sponsor Insights management team is looking for a Senior Clinical Solutions Medical Director with a passion for being consultative with extensive clinical and consultative experience and business sense to support Aetna's group commercial business. This leader will join a dynamic and growing team within Aetna that provides customized insights and solutions to employers based on an analysis of clinical data and plan performance
Fundamental Components:In this role you will:
- Support activity to achieve new business growth and existing business retention goals e.g. presenting at finalist meetings, quarterly/yearly account reviews and key customer account stewardship meetings
- Use sound clinical knowledge and general knowledge of the health benefits business, clinical issues, trends, and medical management principles
- Focus on the identification and development of solutions for deficiencies in performance based on trends in business performance.
- Identify opportunities to leverage social determinants of health and engage with customers on understanding their own health equity dynamics and opportunities to improve
- Maintain a clinical thought leadership position and present on key clinical topics both internally and, as a brand ambassador, externally
- Work collaboratively within the Plan Sponsor Insights team with other medical directors, clinicians and analytic consultants
- Work cross functionally with the enterprise clinical and product areas
- Establish and maintain strong partnership with our field and sales teams
- Engage and develop strong relationships with external medical directors within consulting firms and plan sponsors and external industry groups as appropriate
- Work in a matrixed and rapidly changing environment
Demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of the healthcare market, and be conversant with diverse functional disciplines from both a strategic & tactical perspective
- Understand key competitive market dynamics and guide and oversee competitive trends analysis, cognizant of the market-specific issues which exist in the delivery of healthcare programs
- Understand Value Based Contracting/Accountable Care and how this relates to improving the quality of care for our members through collaboration.
- Passion and ability to influence and drive better outcomes in healthcare delivery.
- Demonstrated experience in population health management and managed care
- 5 years in a Healthcare Delivery System; at least 5 years of clinical(patient care) experience
- Effective presentation skills
- Demonstrated Thought leadership
Able to function and adapt in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to travel 25 to 50% of the time
MD or DO with Board Certification in Aetna Recognized Specialty Active state medical license without restrictions
The highest level of education desired for candidates in this position is a MD or DO
Functional - Clinical / Medical/Sales/4-6 Years
Functional - Clinical / Medical/Direct patient care (hospital, private practice)/4-6 Years
Functional - Medical Management/Medical Management - Medical Economics/4-6 Years
Functional - Medical Management/Medical Management - Physician Relations/4-6 Years
Functional - Clinical / Medical/General Management/4-6 Years
Technical - Desktop Tools/Microsoft Outlook/4-6 Years/End User
Technical - Desktop Tools/Microsoft PowerPoint/4-6 Years/End User
Technical - Desktop Tools/Microsoft Word/1-3 Years/End User
Technical - Desktop Tools/TE Microsoft Excel/1-3 Years/End User
Major cities where Aetna has offices
ADDITIONAL JOB INFORMATION
Fast-paced, high visibility opportunity to provide input on solutions focused on the use of care management, lifestyle and wellness programs to help our customers improve the quality of care for members, lower healthcare costs, and drive sustained consumer engagement and behavior change. An opportunity to support new business growth working with sales and consultants and work directly with employers in the group commercial market to offer insights and solutions to improve plan performance. This role is very much an ambassador role in the market place providing clinical thought leadership at company-sponsored and industry-related events
Aetna is about more than just doing a job. This is our opportunity to re-shape healthcare for America and across the globe. We are developing solutions to improve the quality and affordability of healthcare. What we do will benefit generations to come.
We care about each other, our customers and our communities. We are inspired to make a difference, and we are committed to integrity and excellence.
Together we will empower people to live healthier lives.
Aetna is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of personal characteristics or status. We take affirmative action to recruit, select and develop women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
We are a company built on excellence. We have a culture that values growth, achievement and diversity and a workplace where your voice can be heard.
Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position.
Aetna takes our candidates's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer