Begin your career with the FedEx Team as a Shop Tech and be a part of one of the most well-known and reliable companies in the world.
Provide quality and cost effective repair and maintenance of tractors, trailers, forklifts and other equipment to ensure a safe and efficient fleet of vehicles.
* Medical, dental, vision, prescription insurance
* Life insurance
* Credit association (with Internet & phone banking)
* Direct deposit
* Flex-spending account for medical and dependent care
* 8 paid holidays annually
* Company paid vacation and personal time
* Tuition reimbursement
* FedEx Freight pension plan
* Stock purchase plan
* 3 yrs heavy truck maintenance experience (may substitute 1 yr experience with heavy duty vehicle maintenance certificate obtained from an accredited vehicle maintenance vocational/trade school)
* Brake Inspection Certification eligible
* In-depth knowledge of late model gas/diesel engines and on-board computers
* Experience using oxygen/acetylene equipment (cutting, heating, bending, fabricating equipment during repair) as well as precision measurement instruments
* Ability to determine if manual transmission truck operates properly
* Ability to remove and replace a tractor brake drum weighing approximately 110 pounds
* Basic computer skills
Additional qualifications and requirements will be found on the website listed below.
Competitive pay rate and benefits offered including additional $3.50/hour for master ASE certifications.
Interested candidates please apply at:
Search for Job #437539BR.
As a member of the FedEx Corp. family of companies, FedEx Freight is a leading U.S. provider of next-day and second-day regional LTL freight services.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and vets.
Job Type: Full-time