Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2) has revolutionized the way companies obtain computing resources. With Amazon EC2, companies run their systems in the cloud with complete control, reliably, at scale, and only pay for the capacity they actually use.
EC2 is one of AWS’s most popular core offerings. Millions of applications have been developed on top of EC2, and entire businesses use EC2 for their underlying infrastructure. In fact, using nothing but EC2, most organizations could run their entire workloads including storage, database, and routing needs. The availability and performance of EC2 on AWS is unparalleled.
The EC2 Capacity team makes the cloud appear infinitely elastic and instantly scalable through the rapid deployment of new cloud capacity and the rebalancing of the existing capacity according to customer demand. We own building automation of all EC2 virtual servers worldwide and are the engine that delivers new capacity to meet the growing demands of our customers.
Responsibilities include direct management of software engineers, strategic planning, product definition, managing operational challenges at scale, project management for software within the team, and quality of the software development process. Additionally, as our organization is growing, hiring top-notch engineers will be the key focus.
Join us in Amazon EC2 as we are growing our product teams quite rapidly and are calling out for the best software managers in the industry! Amazon offers relocation packages for the right candidates!
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
- 5+ years of experience as a software developer
- 3+ years of experience managing people
- Experience with OOD and object oriented languages
- Strong experience with backend software development
- 5+ years of people management experience
- Experience leading multiple engineering teams
- Established expertise in developer tools or software development lifecycle (SDLC) systems (continuous integration, version control, source code repositories, build systems, package management, deployment tools, test frameworks, etc.)
- Knowledge of server virtualization, server hardware and operation systems, networking and storage subsystems
- Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven track record of building and managing high performing engineering teams
- Strong people management and mentorship skills
- Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions
- Passion and conviction and the innate ability to inspire others, and the ability to establish and sell the business and technical vision for a complicated problem area
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $220,000.00 to $250,000.00 /year
- Software Development: 5 years (Required)
- People Management: 3 years (Required)