Fast Casual Healthy Concept Hiring Counter and or Food Prep Help
If you are upbeat, energetic, hard-working, a team-player, humble, and personable and have experience serving fresh food/drinks or ringing guests up at the register, you may be the perfect candidate. If you have an interest in health and wellness, that would also only be of benefit since we are a health food restaurant but is not required.
Newly-constructed, state-of-the-art health-oriented café/restaurant seeking counter help and or food prep help for our first and flagship location with significant growth potential for you. This virtually brand-new fast-casual, counter service concept is located in the heart of Portsmouth, NH and has been open since November 2020.
We serve mostly but not entirely plant-based, organic food including lunch, and dinner, as well as juices and smoothies. Our goal is to strike the perfect balance of making our menu great-tasting while also being as optimal for health as possible
This is a year-round, part-time or full-time position and may include morning, afternoon, or evening hours, as well as possibly require weekend and holiday availability.
Thanks for your interest, and we truly hope to hear from you!
Food Counter attendants and food preparers take customer orders, accept payment and serve customers at food counters. They may also prepare, heat and finish cooking simple food items. As a food counter attendant / food preparer, your duties can include:
- use our Toast Point-of-Sale system to take customer orders, accept payment and give change
- explain about and answer customer questions about menu items and serve customers at counter
- preparing food such as sandwiches, paninis, salads, smoothies, bowls, soup, dishes and beverages, including coffee-type drinks
- clean, peel, slice and trim food items using manual and electric appliances
- stock refrigerators, cupboards and salad bars
- keep records of the quantities of food used
- clean and sanitize kitchen areas including, work surfaces, cupboards and storage areas, as well as dispose of kitchen garbage
- clear and clean tables, trays and chairs
- reset tables with clean tablecloths, napkins, silverware, glasses and dishes
Am I Suited For This Job?
Food counter attendants and kitchen helpers should be:
- able to multi-task
- able to work quickly
- able to remember customer orders
- good with people
They should have:
- excellent customer service skills
- basic mathematics and arithmetic skills
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $14.00 - $18.00 per hour
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
We have medical-grade HEPA air filtration and UV sterilization to substantially lower the risk the virus would be transmitted within our establishment.
- Serving Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location