Status Non-Exempt, Benefits Eligible
Department Audio Visual Rentals and Services
Pay Level Salaried, based on experience
This position is responsible for the operation and management of all Audio Visual (AV) rentals and services for Peter Corvallis Productions. The position is also responsible for the upkeep of all company IT infrastructure. This position has the authority to make employment, scheduling, and budget decisions for the AV department to fulfill the essential job functions. This work can be mentally and physically challenging as well as require long hours at certain times of the year. On-site event production and management will be occasionally necessary.
Essential Job Functions:
– Manages all areas of AV relating to event production, inventory, and rentals.
– Answer phone calls, attend site visits, and attend/host production meetings to plan and deliver high-quality AV rentals and services.
– Sets and maintains the standards, practices, and procedures for all AV employees. Maintains practices and procedures within the boundaries of the company employee handbook.
– Actively pursues new business and works to grow the department.
– Responsible for billing and collections from AV customers.
– Ensures all incoming and outgoing invoices are paid in a timely manner, according to the terms of the invoice.
– Conducts market research to keep inventory up to date and competitively priced.
– Makes all employment and staffing decisions, including hiring, training, evaluating, supervising, and terminating employees.
– Crafts the weekly staff schedule to fit current labor needs. Monitors employee time cards and hours.
– Engages temporary freelance technicians and contracted laborers on an as-needed basis.
– Locates, prices and reserves sub-rental equipment when necessary.
– Responsible for maintaining a modern, professional, and clean appearance throughout the department.
– Responsible for all equipment maintenance and repairs.
– Keeps office supplies and consumable resources in stock.
– Eliminates waste in all areas of department business, such as labor, supplies and all other departmental overhead.
– Responsible for administering all company IT systems, including Company Phones, Security Cameras, Internet, Security and Fire Alarms, Rental Software, Door Access, GPS Tracking, Email, and more.
– Attends or hosts company sales meetings and management meetings to keep up with company news, culture, training, and policies.
– Responsible for responding to after-hours emergency calls from customers.
– Keeps updated records of all past, current, and future rental orders and invoices.
– Maintains a neat, orderly, and professional appearance in personal grooming and immediate environment.
– High level of customer service skills, anticipates the needs of all clients.
– High level of organizational skills to balance multiple competing priorities.
– Positive attitude and active pursuit of high standards.
– Able to work with a diverse range of communication styles to effectively complete job duties and manage conflicts that arise.
– Able to maintain good professional relationships with local partners and competitors, while simultaneously seeking out new business and large customer accounts.
– Keeps up to date with current industry trends to stay ahead of the competition.
– Very fast learner of new technology. Willing to adapt and learn new technologies.
– Able to fluently utilize all Microsoft office applications, rental software, Google docs and email.
– Must be able to take responsibility for your own actions and the actions of others in the department.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
– College degree or equivalent related experience.
– Minimum 5 years in sales and technical experience in the industry.
– Business management experience or education.
– Must be physically fit and able to lift 60 lbs and be on your feet for up to 10 hours at a time.
– Must have a reliable means of personal transportation, drivers license, and clean driving record.
– Fluent English speaker.
– Must have a flexible schedule including nights, mornings, weekends, weekdays and some holidays.
– Must be able to type at least 35 words a minute.
– Must be able to climb a ladder and operate a scissor lift.
Desired Previous Job Experience: Director of AV, AV Sales, Technology Business Management, AV Lead Technician, Rigging Technicians, Low-Voltage Electrical Certification, other related industry experience.
Peter Corvallis Productions is an Equal Opportunity Employer.