At Jackson Hewitt, we are working hard for the hardest working and we are on a mission to completely change the way our customers engage with their personal finances. Jackson Hewitt combines the fun, fast-paced culture of a startup with the scale and reputation of one of the nation’s largest retailers (over 6,000 locations).
We have a passion for our employees and our customers. We recognize and appreciate that our team members are our single greatest competitive advantage. Being an industry leader requires a consistent focus on quality, innovation, performance and results.
The Instructional Designer provides design and development of Instructor–led (classroom and virtual) and Online learning solutions.
- Organizes, facilitates and participates in data gathering to collect information needed to analyze and define learning solutions.
- Accurately states instructional end goals and creates content that matches them.
- Applies tested instructional design theories, practice and methods.
- Decides on the criteria used to judge learner’s performance and develop assessment instruments.
- Creates engaging learning activities and compelling course content that enhances retention and transfer.
- Creates storyboards that represent program content, flow, features and functionality.
- Creates supporting material/media (audio, video, simulations, role plays, games etc.)
- Blends sound learning principles with creative online design strategies to create highly engaging and interactive programs on time and within budget using Storyline and other eLearning software and authoring tools.
- Collaborates with Learning team members to create cohesive and engaging blended learning programs.
- Proven ability to meet project goals and deadlines.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in online learning design.
- Knowledge of instructional design, online learning development methodology and simulations.
- Proficiency in Storyline and similar authoring tools.
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, InCopy Photoshop and Illustrator).
- Knowledge of and proficiency with Audio/Video editing software preferred (i.e., Premiere, Final Cut Pro, After Effects, Logic, Pro Tools, Audacity, etc.).
- Knowledge of and proficiency with MS Word. Strong MS PowerPoint skills.
- Proficiency with web-based meeting platforms (i.e., Adobe Connect, BlueJeans, Join me. WebEx, Zoom, etc.).
- Ability to produce results by leveraging resources, building relationships, and by being adaptable and flexible to change.
- Ability to multi-task and to take on additional responsibilities as needed.
- Experience or familiarity with Learning Management Systems (LMS) and/or Learning Content Management Systems (LCMS), and industry standards (SCORM, AICC)
We appreciate your interest in Jackson Hewitt Tax Service. Jackson Hewitt Tax Service is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age (40 and over), disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Jackson Hewitt Tax Service also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also Jackson Hewitt Tax Service’s policy to comply with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.
Pay Type Salary