Queens College, Division of Enrollment and student Retention, is seeking an Assistant Director for its College Now Program. The position will be responsible for coordinating program activities on the Queens College campus for New York City public high school students and teachers.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Oversee the operation of the Saturday pre-college program and all pre-college activities;
- Support the development and maintenance of effective relationships with all partner high schools; with the leaders of all Queens College academic departments and administrative offices; and with faculty members to ensure their active involvement in all aspects of the College Now program;
- Implement policies and procedures related to student recruitment, eligibility for enrollment, attendance, and satisfactory performance;
- Assist the program director in the development and implementation of an annual plan of educational and professional development activities;
- Assist the program director in developing and monitoring annual budgets for the College Now Program and the STEM Research Academy;
- With the program director, prepare reports to the College Now Central Office;
- Manage outreach to and recruitment of students for the pre-college, college credit, and summer programs, and all special College Now initiatives;
- Represent Queens College at high schools and recruitment events;
- Maintain and update the College Now webpage on the Queens College website;
- Establish and maintain QC College Now presence on social media;
- Assist the program director in the preparation of reports to the College Now Central Office;
- Some weekend and evening work required;
Bachelor's Degree and four years' relevant experience required.
Experience evaluating high school applicants’ college readiness
Experience in program development and implementation
Experience in recruiting for, staffing, and running a program of pre-college courses and activities
Experience in developing and maintaining effective relationships with high school and college faculty and administration
Strong oral and written communication skills
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Participates in the daily coordination of academic and administrative activities of a College's specialized academic program under management direction.
Job Title Name:
- Supports program development, student service delivery, outcome evaluation and instructor/student recruitment, enrollment, and retention.
- Recommends, implements and evaluates strategies to expand program offerings
- Prepares analytical and statistical reports for management
- Develops and maintains relationships with various College offices to improve student and faculty services
- Serves as resource expert regarding program policies and procedures
- Oversees office recordkeeping; manages updates of program web and print materials
- May supervise office operations and/or department budget
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Academic Program Specialist
Higher Education Assistant
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
$61,593 - $65,817
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are viewing this job posting on any website other than CUNYfirst, please follow the instructions below:
- Go to cuny.jobs
- In the box under "job title/ keyword", enter "18939"
- Click on "Academic Program Specialist - College Now "
- Click on the "Apply Now" button and follow the instructions.
Please note that the candidates must upload a cover letter describing related qualifications and experience and resume as ONE DOCUMENT in any of the following formats: .doc, .docx, or .pdf format.
**Please use a simple name for the document that you uploaded, for example: JDoeResume. Documents with long names cannot be parsed by the application system.
July 3, 2018
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting:
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.