Provide world class customer service in stores as a pharmacy technician and work to satisfy every customer's needs by exceeding their expectations and making every shopping visit an enjoyable and remarkable experience. Treat our customers and employees in an ethical, respectful manner and promote an inclusive, efficient work environment. Act as a responsible member of the community by placing emphasis on the importance of safety and accuracy when handling patient needs.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist store leaders and associates in providing a positive customer shopping experience and enhance Harris Teeter’s reputation of excellent customer service
- Demonstrate a commitment to providing customer service that makes all customers feel welcome, important and appreciated
- Enter and process patients’ information and transactions accurately and efficiently
- Count, measure and prepare specific products according to relevant laws, regulations, policies, procedures and ethics standards
- Follow provided staging procedures appropriately
- Maintain records and reports related to pharmacy functions, volume and sales
- Perform post-fill audits to verify that prescription information matches computer records
- Understand and follow company guidelines regarding registers, payment and transactions
- Display a positive attitude while interacting with others
- Properly inspect any equipment within the pharmacy and notify appropriate department or store managers of any necessary repairs
- Adhere to safety programs and procedures
- Report all illegal activity, including robbery, theft or fraud
- Assist pharmacists in all responsibilities, except those that require the judgment of a licensed pharmacist
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation
- Reflect an appropriate and respectful business image to customers and visitors in dress, demeanor and attitude. Never be rude to a patient or customer
- Assist in data entry, inventory, stocking, dispensing, reporting and sales of prescriptions
- Assist in maintaining a clean, organized department, including but not limited to the pharmacy, register, refrigerators and blood pressure machine areas.
- Comply with state and federal laws in regards to pharmacy, dispensing and sales of pharmacy and non-pharmacy products
- Achieves results through teamwork: Open to diverse ideas, works inclusively and collaboratively with others, holds self and others accountable, involves others to accomplish individual and team goals
- Communicates Effectively and Candidly: Communicate clearly and directly, be approachable and relatable, engage people and help them understand change, provide and seek feedback, actively listen, and convey clear and strategic directions. Have excellent interpersonal skills
- Excels in Customer Service: Provide exceptional customer service regardless of circumstance.
- Executes with Excellence: Action oriented, set clear expectations and milestones and assist with problem solving
- Leads Change and Innovation through Positive Influence: Demonstrate strong character, build partnerships, model balance between work and personal life, take responsibilities for self-development, role model leadership qualities such as motivation, inspiration, passion, trust, confidence and adaptability, work to coach and develop others, embrace technology, put forward creative ideas, champion and implement processes for improvement, take initiative and ask for or offer help when needed.
- Puts Patients and Safety First: Act as a champion for the patients, anticipating needs and exceeding expectations, in order to gain their trust and respect. Help to identify and correct conditions that affect employee and patient safety.
- Strives for Reliability and Punctuality: Report for work on time and as scheduled. In the rare instance when you cannot avoid being late or are unable to work as scheduled, your supervisor or Manager-on-duty must be notified at least 2 hours in advance of your scheduled start time so appropriate arrangements can be made. Be committed to meeting or exceeding goals.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to calculate a discount percent amount in units of American Currency.
- Ability to learn and comply with HIPAA regulation
- Maintain confidentiality of customer records and information
- Lift 20lbs or less on occasion
QUALIFICATIONS. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Minimum Position Qualifications/Education:
- Requires a high school diploma or equivalent. National certification is encouraged but not required. Previous comparable experience preferred.
- National Certification must be obtained within 9 months of hire date
- Training must be completed within 6 months of hire date. Complete Company’s training including but not limited to: new hire orientation, customer service network, safety and HT Pharmacy Technician Program