Sales, Marine Engines, Transmissions and Control Systems:
(Great Lakes and Inland Waterways of the MW)
W.W.Williams is a Full Service distributor of construction, mining, marine, and powertrain components (diesel engines and transmissions), marketed and sold to OEM and end users has immediate opening for a Marine Engine Sales Representative.
The Marine Engine Sales Representative sells W. W. Williams' products through relationships with OEMs and end-users of vessels and support equipment powered by our product offerings by determining customer needs and matching solutions for these customers by performing the following duties.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES of the Marine Engine Sales Rep:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the marine market with engine application and sales.
- Knowledge and experience with marine classification societies and their requirements for engines.
- Detailed knowledge of diesel engines and their applications, control systems, and supporting systems.
- Successful candidate will have experience working long sales cycles and interacting with OEM principals to include, engineering, marketing, manufacturing and operations.
- Calls on customers' management representatives such as engineers, contractors or other professional and technical personnel at ship yards/builders and marinas, and other establishments relative to the assigned product and territory.
- Prepares and provides product information and proposals/quotes that meet customers' requirements with a goal of securing orders for products or services offered.
- Reviews project plans and specifications, and other customer documents to develop and prepare cost estimates or product comparisons from customer's use of proposed equipment or services.
- Provides technical information and product familiarization to customers' employees.
- Communicates, both internally and externally, highly technical information resulting in good understanding in less technically-trained people.
- Gives technical sales presentations, answers technical questions and provides technical analysis for potential and existing projects in collaboration with factory engineers and/or representatives.
- Provides resolution to technical project issues and challenges.
- Maintains market intelligence on competition, advising Sales Manager of competitive activities.
- Reviews and follows-up on leads and prospects developed through inquiries, referrals or other lead-development tactics.
- Works closely with inside Application Engineers and/or Application staff to develop timely and competitive proposals.
- Attends relevant industry trade shows and conferences to solicit new business.
- Completes all the necessary reporting via reports and/or CRM system to create records of all customer contacts, sales calls and opportunities.
- Maintains the technical expertise necessary to represent and sell all OEM products offered by W. W. Williams.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $55,000.00 to $70,000.00 /year
- Sales: 5 years
- Marine Engine: 3 years
- Customer Service: 3 years
- High school or equivalent
Required work authorization: