This position will be directly responsible for the coordination and initial evaluation/pre-underwriting of second lien mortgage loans to ensure compliance with company, secondary market, and government agency standards.
- Verifies and analyzes loan documentation including income, credit, appraisal, and title, while ensuring compliance with established standards and regulatory compliance requirements.
- Identifies and resolves discrepancies in files.
- Responsible for the delivery and communication of complete and accurate files to Underwriting and coordinates with Appraisal Review.
- Ensures satisfactory completion of conditions for approval to close
- Monitor status of loans in pipeline on a regular basis to guarantee timely funding
- Assists in business development and company’s strategic initiatives.
- Comply with company policies and procedures, regulatory requirements, and investor guidelines
- Cares for non-public information (NPI) regarding borrowers and ensures all applicable internal NPI policies and procedures are followed and confidentiality of borrower information is maintained.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree with major course work in a related discipline or equivalent job experience.
- 2+ years mortgage loan processing, mortgage lending, and/or underwriting experience.
- Ability to pass and maintain NMLS license requirements
- Ability to identify and resolve issues with limited supervision
- Self-motivated with good interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Symmetry Lending, specializes in providing mortgage fulfillment services to include origination, servicing, and capital markets needs to various Lenders across the country with whom we partner. We have offices in Atlanta, GA, Eden Prairie, MN, Orlando, FL, and Yorba Linda, CA, and we do business from coast to coast. We take great pride in building a diverse team of motivated professionals that contribute to an exciting work atmosphere. We provide a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision plan options, paid time off, and more.
We also have a Loan Processor position currently open here: https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=mortgage+loan+processor&jk=951f2831db873bee&_ga=2.14215358.808036158.1556549821-1143474205.1506729441
Job Type: Full-time
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts