Extended Job Title
Advanced Practice Provider
Org Level 1
Texas Tech Univ Health Sciences Ctr
Org Level 7
691002 - Snyder Daniel Unit
Employees in this position are responsible for augmenting a supervising physician's data gathering abilities to reach decisions and institute patient care plans. Provides health care services to patients under direction and responsibility of a Physician.
Professional/Personal Reference, Professional License/Certification
- Adheres to institutional and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Provides patient services under direct supervision and responsibility of Physician and or Medical Director.
- Elicits detailed patient histories.
- Examines patient, performs comprehensive physical examination, and compiles patient medical data, including health history and results of physical examination.
- Administers or orders diagnostic tests, such as x-ray, electrocardiogram, and laboratory tests, and interprets test results for deviations from normal.
- Performs therapeutic procedures such as injections, immunizations, suturing and wound care, and managing infection.
- Appropriately refers complex and/or un-diagnosed patients to medical supervisor.
- Develops and implements patient management plans, records progress notes, and assists in provision of continuity of care.
- Instructs and counsels patients regarding compliance with prescribed therapeutic regimens, emotional problems of daily living, and health maintenance.
- May render emergency medical service without supervision, pending the arrival of a responsible physician, in cases where immediate diagnosis and treatment are necessary to avoid disability or death.
- Utilize Electronic Medical Records (EMR) and read all medical encounters.
Work is performed under general supervision with intellectual freedom, autonomy to nurture innovative ideas, bold explorations, and a pioneering spirit.
This valuable team member shall perform work in a manner that reflects the Values of TTUHSC:
- ONE TEAM unite and include diverse perspectives to achieve our mission
- KINDHEARTED exceed expectations with a kind heart, helping hands, and a positive attitude
- INTEGRITY be honorable and trustworthy even when no one is looking
- VISIONARY nurture innovative ideas, bold explorations, and a pioneering spirit
- BEYOND SERVICE create and deliver positive defining moments
Minimum Hire Rate
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected
Discussed during the interview process
Electronic Medical Records (EMR).
HSC - Correctional Managed Health Care
Snyder Daniel Unit
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.
Other duties as assigned.
- Generous paid time off, sick leave, and holiday schedule
- 100% paid health insurance for full time employees, 50% paid for dependents
- Dental, vision, long-term, and short-term disability benefits.
- State of Texas pension plan that vests in 5 years.
- State Employee tuition forgiveness and tuition assistance for continuing education
- Employer paid liability insurance for all licensed employees.
- And much more.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
+ * Graduation from a Physician Assistant's training program approved by the Council on Allied Health Education Accreditation of the American Medical Association. +License/Certification:+ * Current Physician Assistant license in the State of Texas or ability to transfer license to Texas. * Certification as a Physician Assistant as evidenced by passing the examinations given by the National Commission on the Certification of Physician Assistants.
+ * Graduation from an accredited school of nursing as a nurse practitioner from an approved certification program recognized by Texas State Board of Nurse Examiners.
+ * Current R.N. license as approved by the Texas State Board of Nurse Examiners or ability to transfer license to Texas. * Certification as a Nurse Practitioner from an approved certification program as recognized by Texas State Board of Nurse Examiners or ability to transfer certification to Texas.